Phone update

bsmith0731

Reaction score
My phone dialed #22888 or whatever that number is (I was half sleep) on its on. Is that normal??
I woke up to the sound of that funky elevator music...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

TeeX

Reaction score
Your phone has become self aware. Judgement Day is here. We are Borg. Resistance is futile. Take the Blue Pill, Neo.

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Do you notice anything any different? *228 doesn't have the same effect on 4g devices as they utilize the SIM card to associate to the network and roaming...

And what would you have said if someone would have responded..."oh yeah, completely normal for the phone to dial a number on its own"...LOL:icon_ devil:

OP
B

bsmith0731

Reaction score
Do you notice anything any different? *228 doesn't have the same effect on 4g devices as they utilize the SIM card to associate to the network and roaming...

And what would you have said if someone would have responded..."oh yeah, completely normal for the phone to dial a number on its own"...LOL:icon_ devil:

Well I know it wasn't the *228 because I picked it up and looked at it. But everything seems fine as of right now.

It was just weird smalltowngirl lol

GrandP

Reaction score
Mine did that when the network crashed last time. Call Verizon and see if they resend an activation through the closest switch to fix the issue.

OP
B

bsmith0731

Reaction score

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
*228 is how 3G phones update the PRL. On 4G phones you pull the battery and the sim card. Leave the card out for 10-15 seconds, reinsert and boot the phone. That will force a PRL update/check.

Good luck.

OP
B

bsmith0731

Reaction score
*228 is how 3G phones update the PRL. On 4G phones you pull the battery and the sim card. Leave the card out for 10-15 seconds, reinsert and boot the phone. That will force a PRL update/check.

Good luck.

Thanks!!

Nealius

Reaction score
this happened to me also. I also called this morning to talk to CS about swapping the phone to a rezound. I wonder if VZW tried to update my phone for me?

Nealius

Reaction score
after reading the XDA forums and reading the linked posted from here my PRL updated. Wonder if this means my phone will get better reception?

???

Reaction score
weird, i just dialed the number, wish i would have checked my prl before, but now its running 40086. everyone in the xda thread seemed to be 50000 something.

odd, but whatever.