Phone turns on but just a blank screen :(

justinevan88

Reaction score
So I had just downloaded tag home to give it a try as a home replacement. I then tried to use appmonster to backup to my sdcard. When I did that, the screen on my droid freaked out and the phone would not do anything. I pulled the battery, tried to reboot and now it turns on but there is nothing at all on the screen. I know it's on cause my home and menu ect. buttons work... Any advice?

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Factory reset.

With your Motorola Droid still powered "Off," slide open the keyboard.

Press and hold the "X" button on the keyboard while pressing the "Power/Unlock" button, located next to the 3.5mm headphone jack. Continue holding down the buttons until a yellow triangle "Warning Sign" appears on the screen.Once the yellow warning sign appears, press the physical "Volume UP" and "camera" buttons simultaneously until a new menu appears. This may take several attempts before success.

From the new menu that appears on-screen, go down to the "wipe data/factory reset" option using the Directional-Pad next to the keyboard, and press the "Center" button on the D-Pad to confirm.

Scroll down to the "Yes -- delete all user data" and press the "Center" button on the D-Pad once more. That's it! When your Motorola Droid is done wiping all saved applications, information, and settings, your device will be back to the factory settings.

Good luck.

OP
J

justinevan88

Reaction score
It won't even show that recovery mode screen. The screen turns on, is lit up but nothing on it. I've tried about 5 times. I'll keep going but is there anything else it could be or should I head to Verizon?...