Phone turns off automatically?

trayanh

Reaction score
10 minutes after I posted, the phone still couldn't wake up......

Ludalee

Reaction score
Forgive me for bringing a thread back from the dead, but this just happend to me.

I probably hit the top button to lock my phone, set it in my desk drawer at work, went to hit the top button to unlock and there was nothing. I tried to hold it for a little to power it back up, still nothing, I was freaking...so I pulled the battery, put it back in, then powered it back up...Seems to be working okay at this time. but WTF happened and how do I prevent it from happening again?

Thanks in advance

pockets

Reaction score
I have this problem weekly...my friend had it happen to her a few times,its pretty lame. Someone should have an answer to this.

droider4life

Reaction score
My brother and I have been having this problem for a while now too. Both are running droidmod. I have just been trying to be patient and hoping to find an answer but it gets old after a while, multiple times a day. Take it out of my pocket and its off, battery pull to turn it back on..

hebertm1

Reaction score
This has happened to me more than a few times. I am using the DroidMod also. I do not use a task killer. I did however use AutoKiller. Thinking this shut off some process that just killed the phone, I uninstalled it yesterday. I put a full change then set the alarm. Went to bed and when I woke up (before the time my alarm was set) I checked the phone and it was off. I had to pull the battery to get it back on. Well that is two programs that are not causing it. I'm lost. Will delete more programs to try and figure this out.

warrior21

Reaction score
This has happened to me more than a few times. I am using the DroidMod also. I do not use a task killer. I did however use AutoKiller. Thinking this shut off some process that just killed the phone, I uninstalled it yesterday. I put a full change then set the alarm. Went to bed and when I woke up (before the time my alarm was set) I checked the phone and it was off. I had to pull the battery to get it back on. Well that is two programs that are not causing it. I'm lost. Will delete more programs to try and figure this out.
Happened to me twice in the last couple of weeks since I installed UD9.8. Not sure what is causing it but if it keeps happening I will have to choose a different ROM

baditup

Reaction score
idk what is going on in this thread but my gf's phone is doing the same thing and she won't let me even look at the thing, "customizing"-wise...

Her phone is default, has a few games on it, no programs of significance and IT shuts off ranDUMBly... no freakin idea...

Mungo Baobab

Reaction score
happened last night to me

Rooted 2.1 phone. Using OC kernal and SetCPU. The first time this happened was after I upgraded to a new version of SetCPU. Others said it was happening to them as well. We then got a new setCPu update and it went away. But yesterday morning I found the phone dead and had to pull battery to start it up. Not sure what is happening, I do know that SetCPU had a newer update 3 or 4 days ago. Not sure if related.