Phone turns off automatically?

OnFlight1978

Reaction score
Hi everyone. OK.. So since I've had my droid.. it's turned off twice without me touching it. I try to turn it back on and it just doesn't happen. I have to take the battery out and put it back in ..and then it turns on. Anyone else experiencing this? and how did you fix it?

framon

Reaction score
I've had my droid for about 3 weeks and this has happened to me twice... once today on my drive home right after hanging up from a phone call. What were you doing when yours died?

OP
O

OnFlight1978

Reaction score
I've had my droid for about 3 weeks and this has happened to me twice... once today on my drive home right after hanging up from a phone call. What were you doing when yours died?
My phone was just sitting at my desk or inactive...and it did this. I wasn't doing anything in particular. I went to start to use it..and just black screen. I placed an e-mail to verizon to see what they think or suggest..but waiting on the reply.

tomlist704

Reaction score
I have had my Droid for two weeks. Verizon let me replace mt BB Storm 1. After the first few days it has been acting strange. It keep getting stuck in this black screen after I have been on a call for over three minutes. I have nver seen this before, but I hm hoping this will be addressed in the next release for later this month. The other issue is, I cannot down load any files (Word PPT etc.) My BB did, so either I need some additional software and or there bug.

LordKastle

Reaction score
Download Documents to Go.... the free version allows you to view, the paid allows you to edit too.

elowe65

Reaction score
mine did this last night. I killed all apps, then I set the alarm on the phone.

Phone charge was at 100% before I went to bed as it was on the charger 15-20min before but was not put back on for the night.

Woke up this morn and had nothing. nothing happened when I pressed any buttons. Had to remove battery to get it to start. Battery level was at 90% as that was the first thing I checked.

Night before, the alarm and everything worked as normal.

needless to say I was a little late waking up this morn.

Any ideas would be appreciated..

jazzgalaxy

Reaction score
Ditto. Had this a couple of days ago. Missed an alarm that was supposed to wake me up...

Can't abide this...

mapexvenus

Reaction score
Same problem here. Phone went off and didn't turn back on until I took out the battery and reinserted it.

DroidGurl

Reaction score
I had this issue as well. I changed a lot of my settings and it hasn't happened since then. Not sure if this is a "fix" or not but something you can try...I've seen a few other people mention this as possibly related.

Try Settings > Sound and Display > Brightness

Turn off "automatic brightness" and see if it does it anymore. I believe turning it off has helped some people, so far it has helped mine.

Good luck!

elowe65

Reaction score
DroidGurl,

First off, thank you for suggestion.

I just checked and mine is set to off. I don't believe I've changed that since this last night so I'd have to assume it was.

The only other thing I have noticed that is odd, using task killer, I kill everything and within 30 min, I have things come back. Now that's not odd, but corporate calender comes on and I don't even have that setup/enabled... same thing with google voice... maybe something, maybe not, just not sure.

sstrool

Reaction score
Very strange. This happened to me last night too, 12/1. I freaked but after removing the battery it was fine.

DroidGurl

Reaction score
I had a task killer installed for a little while too but I closed stuff that really needed to run and it messed things up. There is a good thread here somewhere that apps are fine running in the background. I uninstalled it and the batt/performance seems fine. I'm not sure that TK would affect the screen but it might be worth a shot uninstalling for a day or two.

DroidGurl

Reaction score
Oh, originally when I had the issue I set my screen to never go off. I have since set it back to 1 minute, but maybe something else worth a try.