Phone took a dive....

jkaod

Gold Member
Reaction score
Some people say to do it in the bathroom after you've run the shower for a while with hot water. The steam and moisture in the air will help get rid of most airborne dust. Sounds good, but I don't know if it really makes a difference. I'm always too lazy to try that, so it's just the kitchen table which is always a fail...every single time. Isn't that what Einstein said was the definition of insanity....doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. Next time I'm calling my buddy that runs a nuclear medicine lab and ask to use his clean room.

OP
Gudasau

Gudasau

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z-Force
Brittany is sending me the removal tool. My quest for an improvised device has ended! That gives me a couple more days of fretting over applying it correctly

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Brittany is sending me the removal tool. My quest for an improvised device has ended! That gives me a couple more days of fretting over applying it correctly

Is that one of the Moto Agents?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

OP
Gudasau

Gudasau

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z-Force
They are all awesome!

I've dealt with two. Andrew & Brittany. Both have been shining examples of how customer service should be done. Both have been professional, polite, and extremely helpful.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I've dealt with two. Andrew & Brittany. Both have been shining examples of how customer service should be done. Both have been professional, polite, and extremely helpful.

I have dealt with a few over the years (Brittany being one or them) and agree completely; extremely professional people.

redbert31

Diamond Member
Reaction score
If you guys remember a post by Fox a while back he suggested doing this in your bathroom after letting the shower run on hot for a few minutes. The steam will help settle all the dust in the air to the ground. It can't hurt.

Yes, the shower, that's how my Verizon guy said to apply the shatter shield for the z force I got in Sept.. But I begged and he did it for me at the store, the Zagg brand one, but he messed up the first one himself. He was kind enough to put a fresh one on and return the first one for credit himself...whew!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Yes, the shower, that's how my Verizon guy said to apply the shatter shield for the z force I got in Sept.. But I begged and he did it for me at the store, the Zagg brand one, but he messed up the first one himself. He was kind enough to put a fresh one on and return the first one for credit himself...whew!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
I think you are referring to a tempered glass screen protector that was purchased in a store. The OP is referring to replacing the actual outer lens (5th layer) of the Shatter shield screen itself. If the outer lens gets scratched Moto sells a replacement DIY kit; I don't think Verizon sells those.

OP
Gudasau

Gudasau

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z-Force
I was brave enough to replace my shatter shield Sunday. It didn't have the top & bottom sides numbered as in the video & I pulled the wrong protector off first (remember, I'm blonde). My difficulty was a result of that, but it was really easy to replace -- just a little cumbersome because of my screw-up. It's just a teeny-tiny bit off to the left, but I trimmed it and no one will be able to tell if they look.
NO DUST!!! NO BUBBLES!!!
Incidentally, the gouge did penetrate below the shatter shield, but it looks a lot better with the new shield installed.
It's just gonna have a little scar, I guess.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Good deal @Gudasau I have one kit and 2 Turbo 2's that need it. Decisions, decisions. Probably the wife's phone since I plan on selling it to help pay for her new one. I'm concerned that the gouge in her outer lens also affected the screen underneath. I guess I will find out eventually.

jkaod

Gold Member
Reaction score
I was brave enough to replace my shatter shield Sunday. It didn't have the top & bottom sides numbered as in the video & I pulled the wrong protector off first (remember, I'm blonde). My difficulty was a result of that, but it was really easy to replace -- just a little cumbersome because of my screw-up. It's just a teeny-tiny bit off to the left, but I trimmed it and no one will be able to tell if they look.
NO DUST!!! NO BUBBLES!!!
Incidentally, the gouge did penetrate below the shatter shield, but it looks a lot better with the new shield installed.
It's just gonna have a little scar, I guess.

You da man! ....I mean girl...I mean.. oh whatever. You're the best! No dust, no bubbles. Good job. I'm glad it worked out well for you.