Phone took a dive....

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I ordered the pleson tempered glass screen protector for my Z Force when it arrives. Couldn't hurt to have an extra layer of protection on the device.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
After putting a small tear in my Turbo 2 outer layer I swear by glass screen protectors. Like you said, it definitely can't hurt.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

jpiarull

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z Force Droid
Twitter
jpiarull
When ordering through Moto Maker, has anyone had an issue receiving their device past the original ETA? My device has not showed up, no tracking number available, and after I talked to Moto regarding the order status being stuck on "device being built" they tried to alert me it was released from assembly due to a part just arriving to be installed... How much I can believe it is one thing. Any comments from that experience?

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
When ordering through Moto Maker, has anyone had an issue receiving their device past the original ETA? My device has not showed up, no tracking number available, and after I talked to Moto regarding the order status being stuck on "device being built" they tried to alert me it was released from assembly due to a part just arriving to be installed... How much I can believe it is one thing. Any comments from that experience?

When I had my t2 replaced and built by Moto maker..it was a frigging head ache..came back the wrong materials the first time...then the "saying" the second time..the third time it was right .but it was a pita to get there...

jkaod

Gold Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about and see the damage to your phone. On the bright side, it's very lucky that it didn't get hit about 1 mm further south east on the phone. It would have damaged the fingerprint sensor and I don't know how repairable those are. Hopefully it's easily fixed and your phone is back to pristine condition soon.

OP
Gudasau

Gudasau

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z-Force
Sorry to hear about and see the damage to your phone. On the bright side, it's very lucky that it didn't get hit about 1 mm further south east on the phone. It would have damaged the fingerprint sensor and I don't know how repairable those are. Hopefully it's easily fixed and your phone is back to pristine condition soon.
Thanks, @jkaod! Yes, I'm very thankful. It could have been a lot worse. I love, love, love the reader & would have been completely crushed if that would've been damaged.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro

Hopefully this is a one time glitch, and your phone is delivered soon. I have ordered 6 different phones using Moto Maker and every time has been a very good experience; with most being delivered before the ETA.

jkaod

Gold Member
Reaction score
I love the reader as well, but it doesn't read my finger print all the time. That's my own fault though as I do a lot of outdoor activities that tend to roughen up my fingertips a lot. I can tell if my fingers are real rough that it won't read them well. It won't read one of my fingers at all right now, but that's due to the large gash I got working with a frayed cable. It'll be interesting to see if it reads it again after the wound heals or if I have to re-program it.
That's also fair warning to those who do work on a regular basis that roughens up the fingers to not expect it to read consistently.

OP
Gudasau

Gudasau

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z-Force
I love the reader as well, but it doesn't read my finger print all the time. That's my own fault though as I do a lot of outdoor activities that tend to roughen up my fingertips a lot. I can tell if my fingers are real rough that it won't read them well. It won't read one of my fingers at all right now, but that's due to the large gash I got working with a frayed cable. It'll be interesting to see if it reads it again after the wound heals or if I have to re-program it.
That's also fair warning to those who do work on a regular basis that roughens up the fingers to not expect it to read consistently.
Do you have several fingers read for your reader? I have some on both hands and haven't had an issue yet, except for one time when my fingers were wet. Once I dried my fingers better and dried the reader, I was able to open the phone with my finger print.
If you use your hands a lot for work, maybe have it read your pinky on each hand and see if that works. Just a thought.....

jkaod

Gold Member
Reaction score
I have four fingers programmed and it works amazingly well as long as my fingers aren't too torn up. My left (thank goodness not right) forefinger is the one with the gash. I took the stitches out a couple of days ago so we'll see when it smooths out a bit more how it works. Work is easy on my hands except for washing them a thousand times a day. My problem is all of my outside of work play time tears up my hands at times.

OP
Gudasau

Gudasau

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z-Force
So, I've been waiting on the replacement Shatter Shields to be in stock. I keep opening tickets with Moto and keep being told I can only send it in to be replaced. Ain't gonna happen....

Today, I was conversing via email with a guy over at Moto and he told me they were, in fact, available now and he needed to call me for payment information.
This evening, Andrew called and took my information. He said it would ship out tomorrow via FEDEX and I'd have it on Monday! Joy-joy!!!
After hanging up, he called me back within ten minutes. He apologized and said my card number was not working. I assured him there was plenty of money in the account and wanted to go over the number again in case he transposed a number or something. Nope, he said it wasn't necessary. He said sometimes their system doesn't accept certain cards/numbers, and was going to go ahead a process without payment.
I don't like to take anything without paying and offered to give a different card number, or figure out a different way to pay, but he insisted on sending it to me free.
Sooooo, I'm finally getting my replacement so I can have a pretty screen again -- and it's free!
What a great way to end an extremely hectic week! Thanks Moto!

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Just take your time and watch the video tutorial...twice.