Phone too hot

satoru

Reaction score
The past couple days my phone has been running really hot. I woke up today and it was at 115. Yesterday it ran at 104 or higher. I haven't been using my phone either. Most I have done is download a theme for angelrom.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
The past couple days my phone has been running really hot. I woke up today and it was at 115. Yesterday it ran at 104 or higher. I haven't been using my phone either. Most I have done is download a theme for angelrom.

104 is warm yes, but that's not unacceptable or even close to damaging.

OP
satoru

satoru

Reaction score

I know but the fact that I have not been using my phone is what gets me. I can see it getting hot after heavy use but when im sleeping?

anguish

Reaction score
Process running in the background maybe? Notice any decrease in battery life?

Bense

Reaction score
...it was at 115. Yesterday it ran at 104 or higher....

115 fahrenheit ?
115 rankine?
115 celcius ?
115 kelvin ?

115 quarter kelvins
115 puppies, which a puppy being ln(degrees fahrenheigt)

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

I know but the fact that I have not been using my phone is what gets me. I can see it getting hot after heavy use but when im sleeping?

My D2 does that too, at least when I have it overclocked. I have it set to run slow when charging and it's always warm when I take it off the dock.

I just removed the root today and brought it back to stock, it will be interesting to see what happens when I put it back on the dock.

IAm

Reaction score
Mine is on the charger and reads 107.8 now....my batt health is fine though. Is this abnormal?

OP
satoru

satoru

Reaction score
@benese fahrenheit
I had oc before switching rom, set to 1.00ghz then uninstall

MiggyxFresh

Reaction score
...it was at 115. Yesterday it ran at 104 or higher....

115 fahrenheit ?
115 rankine?
115 celcius ?
115 kelvin ?

115 quarter kelvins

Obviously he's talking about Fahrenheit ..."phone too hot" what does that tell you ....I don't know why people try to act to smart on the forum seriously

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Bense

Reaction score
Obviously he's talking about Fahrenheit ..."phone too hot" what does that tell you ....I don't know why people try to act to smart on the forum seriously

No, it is not obvious. 115F is ~46C, which isn't excessively hot for a CPU to run. The cpu in my lenovo x61 tablet would sit at ~93C for hours upon hours when I was stacking up seti@home work units.

The first step in any tech support job is to make sure that you have a clear and accurate description of what the problem and it's associated systems are.

Palazuelosva

Reaction score

No, it is not obvious. 115F is ~46C, which isn't excessively hot for a CPU to run. The cpu in my lenovo x61 tablet would sit at ~93C for hours upon hours when I was stacking up seti@home work units.

The first step in any tech support job is to make sure that you have a clear and accurate description of what the problem and it's associated systems are.

Temperature limit on your battery is 50C' so yes it is pretty hot battery might start getting damaged

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

OP
satoru

satoru

Reaction score

I have never used a tablet before so but if it was at 93C wouldn't that burn your hands? Mine burns me at 45c . I just can't see it happening. I would think that it would start melting lol. Sorry for bringing up old thread but I just noticed that.

Gasai Yuno

Reaction score
X61 is a Core2 Duo system. It obviously employs an active cooling system. I'm not sure why 93°C is such a shocking temperature to you when talking about x86-based systems; after all, for an AMD Athlon CPU it was normal to run at 65°C in idle.

OP
satoru

satoru

Reaction score
X61 is a Core2 Duo system. It obviously employs an active cooling system. I'm not sure why 93°C is such a shocking temperature to you when talking about x86-based systems; after all, for an AMD Athlon CPU it was normal to run at 65°C in idle.

No its not obvious. Like my post says I have never used any tablet, let alone even hold one. I wouldn't think it should need a cooling system. Funny enough I have an amd athlonX2 it doesn't idle that hot, it gets to a good 140F on heavy use.

defektedtoy

Reaction score
115 fahrenheit ?
115 rankine?
115 celcius ?
115 kelvin ?

115 quarter kelvins

Is this really necessary?

Because it's totally reasonable for a cellphone (which you hold up to your face) to get to 239 degrees Fahrenheit right? Also, a lenovo x61 tablet has a completely different processor, what does that have to do with a cell phone?

bense said:

So if you work as a mechanic and someone comes in and says "My car is overheating, what do I do?" is your first reaction going to be:

What is over heating?

The seat?
The tires?
The windows?
The steering wheel?
The glove compartment?

You might as well have just told him to "Google it". That's the level of smug asshole you are at right now. Next time try not to be such a pompous poopspoon and actually help.

To contribute, I am also having this issue with my D2G. I understand that electronic devices heat up when in use, but my phone wasn't doing anything but charging and it felt dangerously hot. It has never done that before. It doesn't even get that hot when I watch a movie on Netflix.

Do I just chalk it up to poor design and deal with it, or would I just be better off getting a new (not replacement, but entirely new type) phone?