Phone to Xbox connection??

jeremyandnicolerule

Reaction score
OK this may be a commonly asked question but how can I use my wi fi hotspot to connect my xbox360 to the internet??? I can get it to pick up the signal but when I run the test it fails every time. Is this possible and if so can someone help me figure it out. Thanks

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

adamwhitehead

Reaction score
OK this may be a commonly asked question but how can I use my wi fi hotspot to connect my xbox360 to the internet??? I can get it to pick up the signal but when I run the test it fails every time. Is this possible and if so can someone help me figure it out. Thanks

I had to run an adhoc connection through my laptop. I never tried buying a wireless adapter though.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
I also use my phone as a hotspots to a laptop and share the connection via Ethernet to my 360

X

OP
J

jeremyandnicolerule

Reaction score
I had to run an adhoc connection through my laptop. I never tried buying a wireless adapter though.

Yea I bought a wireless adapter a few years back when I had internet access. The Xbox picks up the signal from the phone and it has a better signal than my last internet provider. But when running the necessary test to set it, it stops on the second step and says failed to connect to internet. I'm not much on all this tech stuff just wanted to see if anyone had any success without putting a computer in the equation. Thanks again for ur input.

adamwhitehead

Reaction score
Have you personsalized your tether ssid or passphrase on your phone?