Phone Temperature

krazzyjman

Reaction score
I have noticed lately that my phone is frequently getting over 100 degrees. It has been doing this even while just in my pocket, I put it on airplane mode for about an hour and it was still over 100 degrees. Is this normal? If it isn't, any tips on how to fix it?

Nivek

Reaction score
That's fine if it starts pushing 115 let it cool. I think it will turn itself off at 130 or 140. If your rooted you can undervolt and that will help.
Also turn your brightness down.

Sent from my DROIDX

Slow88lx

Reaction score
My phone said it was 136 F the other day.....it was charging in full sunlight in the navigation mount on my windshield.

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
100°F isn't that bad, but it shouldn't get that hot in your pocket unless something is running. May want to check the battery usage to see what's been causing it to get that hot.

My phone said it was 136 F the other day.....it was charging in full sunlight in the navigation mount on my windshield.

That's way to hot. Understandable in those conditions, but way to hot. Those types of temperatures for too long will shorten the life of the phone.

Sent by the Unbrickable DROID

cananot

Reaction score
Ya bump. Turn down the over clocking mine was at 118 and getting hotter I turned it off then it cooled right off turned it back on within minutes after turning down the overclocking it was fine

Sent from da Droid X liberty 2.0.1

Nivek

Reaction score

That will kill your phone and your micro sd. For serious!

Sent from my DROIDX