Phone talks

DigbyDNh

Reaction score
HELP! My phone just in the last couple of weeks has started saying "verzion wireless" when a call is coming in or when my sd card is preparing. I've gone to my setting and can't find anything to change it. Is anyone else's phone doing this? If so how did you fix it?

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

Shimmy549

Reaction score
It says that from the speaker or like a notification sound?

I could almost see if it only happened when making calls (using the network), but I don't know what the media card would have to do with anything.

Are you sure it only happens when you make calls or the phone is preparing the SD?

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

OP
D

DigbyDNh

Reaction score
It's from the speaker. Right when I push the call button in a lady's voice it says version wireless and then my phone connects. Also when receiving a call it says the same thing then I hear my ringtone. It's really annoying

Scott B

Reaction score
Your call connect tone and sd mounting tone are notifications that can be turned off through your settings. Sometimes when I pull my battery, all my notification tones change and turn on and off.

In the settings menu you will find call connect notification along with dropped call and roaming and such. I believe its under security settings. If its not, tell me what phone you have and ill look into it for you.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Shimmy549

Reaction score
Yeah, the call tone makes sense. I didn't know the SD notification could use the little "Verizon Wireless" branding alert, though.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

husker_fan

Reaction score
I turned mine off and then on the other day and it talked to me too. I wasn't that close to my phone, but it said something about not having signal. I had never heard it say anything before thought it was really weird. It was some lady robot voice.

Scott B

Reaction score
The Verizon wireless tone is one of the preloaded android sounds on my phone. The signal lose notification is one of the options with the call connect notification. I know several people that have had the same issue when power cycling there droids. I keep my phone on vibrate so it doesn't bother me to much.

OP
D

DigbyDNh

Reaction score
That's what mine says.

OP
D

DigbyDNh

Reaction score
I call customer service and they are looking into it cause it's not suppose yo be doing that.

Scott B

Reaction score
I hope they come up with something. Let me know what they tell you.

OP
D

DigbyDNh

Reaction score
They said it was the roaming setting. Go to settings

OP
D

DigbyDNh

Reaction score
Go to settings>sound>and click the roaming option. It works I tried it