Phone Suggestion

Big Dawg 23

Reaction score
My work is forcing me back to VZW. I currently have both my work and personal line on ATT. My work phone is a Note 3. He's my concern is that the VZW Note 3 since update to KK is lighting up forums with signal issues. I travel all over the Midwest and all the way out to Washington and Alaska.

So is the signal issue blown out of portion? What are you suggestions? I like the LG 3 but will be forced over before the release. I do like the look of the M8 but take a lot of pictures and concerned about the negative thoughts on the camera. I have also considered the S5, but had horrible luck with the S4. My Note 3 on ATT has been pretty good.

Thank for your thoughts. As for price it not an issue.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Do you have to get a brand new phone with the switch to Verizon? If not, maybe a used phone can hold you over until the G3 comes out or if they fix the Note 3 signal issues?

OP
B

Big Dawg 23

Reaction score
Do you have to get a brand new phone with the switch to Verizon? If not, maybe a used phone can hold you over until the G3 comes out or if they fix the Note 3 signal issues?
I can buy a used phone it's all up to me. That thought crossed my mind.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Would they let you pre order a G3 and muddle through the next few days still on AT&T?

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

OP
B

Big Dawg 23

Reaction score
Would they let you pre order a G3 and muddle through the next few days still on AT&T?

I was able to start the process by preordering G3. Got it up and running on Thursday. Liking it so far.

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
I was able to start the process by preordering G3. Got it up and running on Thursday. Liking it so far.
Congrats.. Let us know your thoughts after you have it for a few days.

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I'm glad you purchased the G3. The Note 3 signal issue is huge. My mom, with the Note 2, has the issue.

Sent from my LG-VS980 using Tapatalk 2

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm glad you purchased the G3. The Note 3 signal issue is huge. My mom, with the Note 2, has the issue.

Fool me once shame on you Samsung (Omnia), fool me twice (Note2) bye bye Samsung.

OP
B

Big Dawg 23

Reaction score
Fool me once shame on you Samsung (Omnia), fool me twice (Note2) bye bye Samsung.

On Tuesday I returned the G3. I was disappointed in several things. 1. battery life, 2. Camera, 3. Some of LG UI

I opted to get a VZW Note 3. To my surprise reception has been better on the Note 3 vs G3.

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
On Tuesday I returned the G3. I was disappointed in several things. 1. battery life, 2. Camera, 3. Some of LG UI

I opted to get a VZW Note 3. To my surprise reception has been better on the Note 3 vs G3.
That's actually really surprising. Verizon's forums have been blown up by Note 3 signal issues.

alhadee12

Reaction score
That's actually really surprising. Verizon's forums have been blown up by Note 3 signal issues.

I agree, my son had to do a warranty exchange because of the signal issues.

OP
B

Big Dawg 23

Reaction score
I do see fewer bars in places but not dropped calls or slow data.