1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Phone "stuck" on Motorola Logo

Discussion in 'Droid X Rooted Help' started by Kerryoot, Nov 28, 2010.

1. Kerryoot

Kerryoot New Member

I'm having a problem with my Droid X using the 2.2 Froyo update. My phone was rooted using 2.1 when I updated to 2.2 and I started getting this problem. If my phone turns off then when it tries to turn back on it will get "stuck" at the Motorola logo screen. I say "stuck" because I discovered I can still use my phone, I can unlock it, open things, turn it off, it works except it only shows the boot up screen. I can get around this by leaving my battery out for several minutes, then it will boot up fine. I also noticed my phone doesn't have this problem if my SD card is removed, which is weird. I've already tried several things to fix my phone but nothing has worked. What I've tried so far:

Unrooting my phone
    Rerooting my phone
    flashing a "stock" 2.2 SBF
    reset to factory defaults
    reformatting SD card
    clearing Davlik cache
    clearing data/cache through recovery

I used RSD lite 4.8 and "thegift2" (VRZ_MB810_2.3.15_1FF_01.sbf, 445MB) from rootzwiki.

I'm out of ideas except for trying to get my phone replaced by Verizon. So my question is what's left for me to try? Thanks in advance if anyone can help me out here.

Reposted here from tech issues by request.
  2. spaz33g

spaz33g Rescue Squad

Please don't cross post

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App
  3. Kerryoot

Kerryoot New Member

I was told to by member "ultradroid". Apologies if I'm breaking some kind of rule, this can be locked if need be.

4. spaz33g

spaz33g Rescue Squad

No don't worry about it I just noticed that in the other thread. Generally its frowned upon though. There's a link in my sig to maderschramm's droid x sbf tutorial. Its very comprehensive and he is quite knowledgeable. I would look through there.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App
  5. Kerryoot

Kerryoot New Member

I think that's the tutorial I used (it was on this site, and had the same steps anyways). Didn't resolve anything unfortunately.
  6. UltraDroid

UltraDroid Super Moderator Staff Member

I apologize for the crosspost. It was indeed me who suggested that Kerryoot post his question over here. I wanted to get him in the right place to get an answer to his problem.

-Mike
  7. maderschramm

maderschramm New Member

Perhaps trying a new sdcard? It's lame that you'd have to buy one but the fact that without one in it works normally and even after reformatting the sdcard you still have the problem suggests to me it might help. That said, I think you should sbf to clear the rooting business off your phone and get it replaced by vzw. :/
Search tags for this page
droid is locked showing only the m motorola logo
droid phone stuck

droid x stuck at motorola logo

droid x stuck on motorola logo

droidx stuck on motorola logo
m otorola xtt555c logo flashes on and off
mb810 stuck on m
motorola droid x mb810 stuck in m logo
motorola droid x stuck on motorola logo
motorola mb810 droid x stuck at logo
motorola mb810 stuck at motorola screen