Phone "stuck" on Motorola Logo

Kerryoot

Reaction score
I'm having a problem with my Droid X using the 2.2 Froyo update. My phone was rooted using 2.1 when I updated to 2.2 and I started getting this problem. If my phone turns off then when it tries to turn back on it will get "stuck" at the Motorola logo screen. I say "stuck" because I discovered I can still use my phone, I can unlock it, open things, turn it off, it works except it only shows the boot up screen. I can get around this by leaving my battery out for several minutes, then it will boot up fine. I also noticed my phone doesn't have this problem if my SD card is removed, which is weird. I've already tried several things to fix my phone but nothing has worked. What I've tried so far:

Unrooting my phone
Rerooting my phone
flashing a "stock" 2.2 SBF
reset to factory defaults
reformat SD card
clearing Davlik cache
clearing data/cache through recovery

I'm out of ideas except for trying to get my phone replaced by Verizon. So my question is what's left for me to try? Thanks in advance if anyone can help me out here.

OP
K

Kerryoot

Reaction score
I know others are having this problem... Has no one found a solution yet?

HelpeRX

Reaction score
Flashing

There are different files for sbf I am guessing you have downloaded the wrong one typically system only sbf would be about 200mb but a full is about 500mb extract the sbf and check how much it is. Also make sure your using RSD 4.8 not 4.7 because with 4.7 you have to apply the patch. Anyways hope i helped.

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock
I'm having a problem with my Droid X using the 2.2 Froyo update. My phone was rooted using 2.1 when I updated to 2.2 and I started getting this problem. If my phone turns off then when it tries to turn back on it will get "stuck" at the Motorola logo screen. I say "stuck" because I discovered I can still use my phone, I can unlock it, open things, turn it off, it works except it only shows the boot up screen. I can get around this by leaving my battery out for several minutes, then it will boot up fine. I also noticed my phone doesn't have this problem if my SD card is removed, which is weird. I've already tried several things to fix my phone but nothing has worked. What I've tried so far:

Unrooting my phone
Rerooting my phone
reformat SD card
clearing Davlik cache

I'm out of ideas except for trying to get my phone replaced by Verizon. So my question is what's left for me to try? Thanks in advance if anyone can help me out here.

Post your problem over on the Droid X rescue area - Droid X Rooted Help - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum

There are several threads there that appear to be based on a similar problem.

Good luck!

-Mike

OP
K

Kerryoot

Reaction score

Unrooting my phone
Rerooting my phone
reformatting SD card
clearing Davlik cache
clearing data/cache through recovery

I used RSD lite 4.8 and "thegift2" (VRZ_MB810_2.3.15_1FF_01.sbf, 445MB) from rootzwiki.

Reposted here from tech issues by request.

OP
K

Kerryoot

Reaction score
There are different files for sbf I am guessing you have downloaded the wrong one typically system only sbf would be about 200mb but a full is about 500mb extract the sbf and check how much it is. Also make sure your using RSD 4.8 not 4.7 because with 4.7 you have to apply the patch. Anyways hope i helped.
I used RSD lite 4.8 and "thegift2" (VRZ_MB810_2.3.15_1FF_01.sbf, 445MB) from rootzwiki.

Reposted in linked forum above as well.

OP
K

Kerryoot

Reaction score

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
No don't worry about it I just noticed that in the other thread. Generally its frowned upon though. There's a link in my sig to maderschramm's droid x sbf tutorial. Its very comprehensive and he is quite knowledgeable. I would look through there.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

OP
K

Kerryoot

Reaction score
No don't worry about it I just noticed that in the other thread. Generally its frowned upon though. There's a link in my sig to maderschramm's droid x sbf tutorial. Its very comprehensive and he is quite knowledgeable. I would look through there.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App
I think that's the tutorial I used (it was on this site, and had the same steps anyways). Didn't resolve anything unfortunately.

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock
I apologize for the crosspost. It was indeed me who suggested that Kerryoot post his question over here. I wanted to get him in the right place to get an answer to his problem.

-Mike

maderschramm

Reaction score
Perhaps trying a new sdcard? It's lame that you'd have to buy one but the fact that without one in it works normally and even after reformatting the sdcard you still have the problem suggests to me it might help. That said, I think you should sbf to clear the rooting business off your phone and get it replaced by vzw. :/