Phone Stuck in an infinite boot loop. PLEASE HELP!

litetaker

Reaction score
Hi,

I just flashed Eclipse 1.2 on my Rooted X2 on 2.3.4. I played with it, found that the battery drains really fast for some reason and so decided to go back to stock. I flashed 2.3.4 SBF and now I get an Infinite Boot loop! I flashed 2.3.4 SBF at least 3-4 times and still same problem!

Did I do something wrong? Should I have not done the SBF thing after flashing a ROM? How to repair this????

Victimssun

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I dont think a loop is unusual after an sbf. Do a battery pull, then enter stock recovery and do a system restore.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

OP
L

litetaker

Reaction score
I think did that. I pressed power and volume down simultaneously and then went to "Android Recovery". But that doesn't work. It shows an android with an Exclamatory mark (!)...

What to do?

Victimssun

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
You're half way there. Hit volume up and down at the same time. That'll bring up your options

Edit. Sorry had the incorrect step listed. Had to reboot and double check.

Last edited:
OP
L

litetaker

Reaction score
Can you explain step by step how to access the system recovery on the X2? I still didn't get it.

Edit: Nevermind, I now understand what you meant! (breathes a sigh of relief!)

Last edited:

Victimssun

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Sorry. That was my bad. You were doing it right. Volume down, then power then volume down to android recovery. Hit volume up to select. Then hit volume up/down. Now you'll see the option to clear cache or system restore. Arrow to restore then hit power

Edit. Lol alright. Hope that works!

Goondan9

Reaction score
Update to old thread

Hello,

Just figured I'd add what I did to fix my boot loop problem. I tried to change my ROM, but made a stupid mistake, but to make long stories short, I wound up sbf'ing my x2 and wound up in infintit boot loop as well. I went into system revovery as well, but to my dismay, found that I didn't have a good update.zip that would load up on my phone, so I went and tried the next thing, I just did a wipe on both options and rebooted my phone and voila, it worked. Hope this is able to help someone in the future.

Dan

X2
Gingerbread
rooted

juhde

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
The correct thing to do after a sbf is a factory reset. There is no restore in stock recovery. Also an update zip wouldn't help either. Boot loop after sbf is very common because sbf doesn't touch the data partition. All that old data is causing a conflict so you have to wipe it with a factory reset.

Glad you got it figured out and now you know what to expect.

Sent from my Android device.