"Phone storage low" indicator appears MUCH too often

JohnnyACE562

Reaction score
No matter how many programs I remove (some of which I so badly miss), this still pops up. I think this might be a caching problem but I'm not quite sure.

villain1998

Reaction score
Ran into the same problem

I got rid of google earth and some programs I didn't really use. I also would remove cache of the browser in the applications menu. I have moved to Cyanogen now and I have way more internal memory.

OP
JohnnyACE562

JohnnyACE562

Reaction score
I removed cache from the browser and Twidroyd Pro. Helps for a minute but then it comes back. Is there any other cache I can clear up?

listenman20

Reaction score
i had a corrupt install of pandora once that caused that same problem....might go into recovery and backup then wipe data and cache, then let google redownlaod all of your apps. or ya may just go in recovery and clean cache adn reboot and be fine....there's an app called "cache cleaner," free in the market, that will wipe cache for ya without reboot. may help....dunno

cprtinc

Reaction score
Use CacheMate, but I suggest going to options then caches and uncheck Shazam to prevent losing tags

Skull One

Reaction score
No matter how many programs I remove (some of which I so badly miss), this still pops up. I think this might be a caching problem but I'm not quite sure.

Wipe your /data/dalvik-cache and the phone will rebuild it upon reboot. On weird occasions files can get stuck there and eat space.

foxxy

Reaction score
I used cachemate to clear my cache and have not had a problem since. I also removed some backups I had. Only left the most recent ones in case I need to use one.

kamisan

Reaction score
Internal Mem

I used "clean dalvik cache" in titanium backup donate version and it opened up quite a bit of memory. Also noticed SMS pics eating away at internal memory. Running 224 apps. Lithium watermark 'd' 52.99 internal MB free. After cleaning up dalvik and erasing a few threads on SMS (using handsent) that had alot of pics attached to them.

OP
JohnnyACE562

JohnnyACE562

Reaction score
I found a lot of unused data in the dalvik files but I still need more space. I'll try out CacheMate (once I can pay the $1) and keep you posted on how that goes. Thanks for the help! {{-_-}}

OP
JohnnyACE562

JohnnyACE562

Reaction score
Tried the CacheMate; didn't work. Eliminated MORE apps; still no luck. Titanium Backup says my internal storage space is almost all backed up. What's a good way to free up internal space?

kcook323

Reaction score
Well bummer. I was hoping all this info would help. I get the same message a lot and I don't really think I have that many apps. My phone memory is nearly full, but my SD card has plenty of space. Wish more apps would let you save them to the card.