phone stops responding and over heats needed battery pulls

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by sweeeeet, Aug 4, 2010.

1. sweeeeet

sweeeeet Silver Member

Ratings:
    +65
    ok so last 2 days at work out of no where the phone either stops responding or gets really hot (124 degrees the most that ive seen) and the battery starts draining like crazy... i've had to pull the battery at least 6 times in the last 2 days once for the extreme heat and the others for the phone going completely unresponsive.... the only thing running was the stock media player and the screen was off.... i've been running bb.4 since a little after its release and running it at 1 ghz performance all the other profiles(ondemand conservative, etc) are very buggy on my phone... i started bringing it down to around 700mhz but still have issues with heat and not responding.... about an hour ago i switched to a p3 1.25 ghz kernel and it's running fine now but i was still having bugs at first... i guess i'll have to wait till tomorrow to see if it was the kernel.... i also uninstalled a ton of apps (thinkin it could be an issue) i was originally running cubed (3) music player but it kept force closing

i thought it was because i did the update all in the marketplace in a low reception area but since then i installed all the apps and force closed the market and cleared its data and cache so i ruled that out

i even got a force close when going into settings then again going into manage applications... doesnt make any sense to me

even with the music off with airplane mode on (just to check it) i was still crashing scrolling the app drawer... i switched from launcher pro back to bb.4 stock home but the problem persisted

basically nothing i've done so far has seemed to work... i haven't changed anything in a week.... been running the same bb.4/kernel/iron man theme for at least a week

anyone with anything similar happen with a fix?

sorry for the long rant but the only thing i cant stand more then a frozen phone is a computer virus:icon_evil:

2. bendystrawboy

bendystrawboy Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Have you tried it minus any theme?

3. sweeeeet

sweeeeet Silver Member

Ratings:
    +65
    just have the iron man theme on and its been on for over a week.. is there a way to just remove the theme without having to redo everything?

4. TheCrowing

TheCrowing Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The first thing is just install bugless beast over top it and it should overwrite the theme. I remember doing it a couple times.

5. sweeeeet

sweeeeet Silver Member

Ratings:
    +65
    i really just hate starting some games all over as soon as i clear cache and data wipes lol

today i'm back to normal, battery lasted like it use too (not great but i guess thats how it goes) but no overheating or any battery pulls, phone didnt become non responsive

not sure if it was the excess of apps or the cache (used cachemate) or the kernel (most likely) but i'm back to enjoying my droid as always

re-draws are still somewhat of an issue but tolerable until i move onto the next bigger and better rom (even just holding it in portrait with the stock launcher)

ty everyone

6. davros

davros Premium Member Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +29
    my phone kinda does the same thing, i try to use it it starts getting hot battery drains and then it freezes and reboots. I've been messing with my setcpu profiles and seems to be getting better. i'm thinking its heat, now with me having tried almost every maker/ voltage variation kernals, with fresh rom installs.

7. JSans

JSans New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I was having the same overheating problem! I was thinking it was just me but I guess not. It would be freezing and even force closing on messenger and other simple things that usually never force close. I was using BB 0.4 with Chevy ULV 1.25ghz and I even put it down to stock core clock and it would happen at times. Once I got the new FRG01B installed I havent had any of those problems anymore

8. banderbe

banderbe Member

Ratings:
    +0
    You know you can backup your app data with Titanium Backup.

9. sweeeeet

sweeeeet Silver Member

Ratings:
    +65
    Didn't work last time... not sure if it was the 2.2 jump or because those games weren't in the market.. ill have to try it again with the next rom i choose.. was looking at Mybackuppro the other day looks good

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

10. sweeeeet

sweeeeet Silver Member

Ratings:
    +65
    Glad you fixed it I'm sure we had the same headache Lol...btw Whats the FRG01B... is it different from the original bb.4?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

11. banderbe

banderbe Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Testing............

Search tags for this page
activity messenger not responding force close
my blackberry starts charging and then just stops and over h

what happens if your phone overheats

what should i do if my phone overheats

what to do if battery over heats