Phone stopped syncing after we bought an iPad Air

skennelly

Reaction score
My wife has an S3 running CM and recently bought an iPad Air. As soon as she logged into her accounts on the iPad, her phone stopped receiving gmail and Facebook notifications. However, her iPad still receives them. I have looked through all the sync settings on both her phone and tablet, but nothing looks out of the ordinary.

Has anyone else ever had this issue, or can someone explain what is going on?

The conspiracy theorist in thinks apple does this intentionally. My wife is already considering an iPhone because of this.

S

SFGate

No answer, just a thought. If your wife is considering an iPhone, seems they may have accomplished their goal.

Sherifftruman

Reaction score
So, I found this thread searching for some answer as I also have this problem. Only thing is, I have an iPhone.

I have had it since before Google announced the activesync deprecation https://support.google.com/a/answer/2716936?hl=en so it should still work. But, I recently upgraded from an iPad 3 to an Air and now I keep having issues on my iPhone 5 not getting mail. Three weeks ago, all was fine, I would get emails as soon as they arrived. Now, with no changes on the phone, I see no emails until I open the app and bam, all these emails pop up from since I last opened the mail app. (which this time of year with everyone saying please order before its too late, can be quite a few)

So, I am not sure if and how their removal of activesync might affect Android phones, but it sure seems like it is possible that the addition of the new iPad Air is causing something to be set on the account globally that does this, even though it is not supposed to.