Phone Stolen....ugh!

asmallchild

Reaction score
Can't you use both? I'm using both.

This is so cool, when I was reading thru the thread, I really had no idea both programs would be available for free. Awesome.

And now off that tangent, sorry OP, hope you catch that jerk who stole it!

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
yeah you can use them both I just installed them both and so far no probs

wave secure allows u to back up you data and files, while mobile security seems to provide a better map and details about what your phone is doing.

We need to combine this thread with the thread talking about secure apps right now.

Nickmast

Reaction score
Installed both Wavesecure and Mobile Defense. I tracked my phone with both programs using wifi and cell towers to triangulate location.

Mobile defense was spot on to my current location.

Wavesecure placed me a full city away from my current location.

I backed up my contacts and such with Wavesecure and am keeping it just so I can wipe my phone if need be. But, to locate my phone if it does happen to get stolen, Mobile Defense will be the one I use.

mjs31

Reaction score
That bites. Although this does help with a previous post about whether or not to get insurance. I always believed that insurance is a must with todays smart phones and this just shows why that is. To much of a risk not to get it.

Rettocs

Reaction score
I suppose I should install Mobile Defense on my phone as well.

BullDroid

Reaction score
FYI for those of us that use google voice and have sms disabled through our Verizon numbers... WaveSecure will not work!!! It asks for your phone number for verification and sends a text however if you use google voice to do all your texting like I do this won't work! Just thought that those of us using google voice should know this! It was worth a try I guess anyways. Ill just keep a ninja death grip on my phone at all times ;)

pyro6128

Reaction score
If youre going to get any of these apps, I reccomend doing it soon. I think wave secure will be free until Jan 31, not too sure about mobile defense. I forgot who said it, but the idea of using wave secure to wipe and then using mobile defense for more accurate tracking is something I never thought of. Gonna have to give this a try. I like to be protected from all angles

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
If youre going to get any of these apps, I reccomend doing it soon. I think wave secure will be free until Jan 31, not too sure about mobile defense. I forgot who said it, but the idea of using wave secure to wipe and then using mobile defense for more accurate tracking is something I never thought of. Gonna have to give this a try. I like to be protected from all angles
Wave Secure is free up til January 31st. Pyro is correct. So get it while you can for free :)

Nedaroth

Reaction score
Sorry to hear your DROID got jacked... You'll get another one though so there is atleast a bright side to this. As for your house, I really wouldn't worry about. But you could be protective like me and install a few cameras, window/ door alarms, a multiplexer, digital controller, lcd monitor, a DVR, and most importantly, a gun. Nuff said, haha.

Wagner :motdroidvert:

In Amish land:icon_eek:

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
That is why I'm glad most people around me know I fly heli's, because they know, that I know (and can neither confirm or deny) the black heli gang ...

I definately will track you down and your life will be like Ray Liotta's at the end of "Goodfella's" ...

Alas, bad news, my wife just got laid off from work yesterday, we have enough to get by for a little while, but just having bought a house, ugh. I'd love to send the tool that was her supposed manager an email telling him he should be looking up every time he leaves work .... Grrrrr......