Phone Stolen....ugh!

PeteyPete

Reaction score
My droid was stolen, and unfortunately, I didn't have the foresight to have a number lock on the phone. I installed "Where's my Droid", and also "Google Latitude" had a fun time tracking my phone through Manhattan, and also through Brooklyn until the thief eventually realized I had been tracking it and shut it off.

Now the question is....what should I do?

I called Verizon, reported the phone stolen, and had the service shut off. I also changed the passwords to Gmail, Yahoo Mail, Hotmail, Ebay, and a few other sites.

There are no incriminating pictures on the phone, mostly my son and wife, but also a few pictures of high ticket items in my house. I'm concerned b/c anyone who would go through the trouble to steal a phone worth a few hundred bucks, probably wouldn't have much problem robbing a house. I was told by Verizon that there is no way to remotely wipe it through them (perhaps some 3rd party software).

Is there anything else I should do? Something I'm overlooking? This BLOWS!

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Did you have wave Secure or Mobile Defense installed? I am guessing no...

Insurance?

CammedLS3

Reaction score
Thieves suck man.

I had my IPOD touch, jailbroken and everything, stolen from the eliptical trainer today when I was at the gym. I was 20 feet away from the machine and my back was turned for less than 30 seconds - I was getting a drink of water. No one in sight, reported to the front desk - but nothing will happen.

Do you have insurance?

OP
P

PeteyPete

Reaction score

Insurance?

Already filed my insurance claim, but of the 30 or so apps I installed, I didn't have either Wave Secure or Mobile Defense on there....which blows!

I'm actually quite surprised that someone would still steal a cell phone. They practically give them away, are a hassle to turn on once reported stolen, and it's just so scummy. I've found lost cell phones and it never crossed my mind to keep/sell it.

voodoodaddy

Reaction score
I'm concerned b/c anyone who would go through the trouble to steal a phone worth a few hundred bucks, probably wouldn't have much problem robbing a house.

Sucks having your phone stolen, but I wouldnt worry about your house. I think its a huge step from grabbing a phone to actually breaking into someones home.

irishdroid

Reaction score
Sorry to hear man! this is why I installed Mobile Defense on mine. I would be like that cat from Taken. I will track you, I will find you and I will pinch your scrot in the slide out keyboard. Claim it on insurance and get back to Droiding.

OP
P

PeteyPete

Reaction score
Sorry to hear man! this is why I installed Mobile Defense on mine. I would be like that cat from Taken. I will track you, I will find you and I will pinch your scrot in the slide out keyboard. Claim it on insurance and get back to Droiding.

LMAO....quite a visual!

NickWgnr

Reaction score
Sorry to hear your DROID got jacked... You'll get another one though so there is atleast a bright side to this. As for your house, I really wouldn't worry about. But you could be protective like me and install a few cameras, window/ door alarms, a multiplexer, digital controller, lcd monitor, a DVR, and most importantly, a gun. Nuff said, haha.

Wagner :motdroidvert:

diverseth

Reaction score

Insurance?

Already filed my insurance claim, but of the 30 or so apps I installed, I didn't have either Wave Secure or Mobile Defense on there....which blows!

I'm actually quite surprised that someone would still steal a cell phone. They practically give them away, are a hassle to turn on once reported stolen, and it's just so scummy. I've found lost cell phones and it never crossed my mind to keep/sell it.

I see stolen or "bad ESN" phones on Ebay and Craigs list all the time. Aparently there is a use for these even stolen. Better luck with the replacement.

moot

Reaction score
Man, I'm sorry to hear your phone got stolen. God, its so scummy stealing a phone. You can't get much monetary value out of it, but it is a huge pain for the owner.

I'm curious though, how did the thief realize you where tracking him? If they can turn off the phone to render it untrackable, I would think mobile defense would not be very helpful.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
sad to hear that some low life done jacked your phone, I just installed mobile defense after seeing people on this thread recommended it. hope u track that low life down and give him his just due.

cLovis_ll

Reaction score
sorry to hear about your phone. call verizon immediately so they can put a block on your phone from being used by someone else.

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
where is backnblack.. oh there he is! see his sig. house problem solved.