1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Phone staying awake, high Media use

Discussion in 'Galaxy Nexus ROMS' started by XanRules, Jan 27, 2012.

1. XanRules

XanRules New Member

I flashed GummyJar 0.6.6 a few days ago using the most recent Franco 4.0.3 kernel.
    The first day it was kick ass, but the past two days, my phone has "stayed awake" non stop for almost 47 hours, and "media" is using more than 50% of my battery. I don't use Google music and I very rarely use YouTube.

Any thoughts?

Side note, if I wanted to flash back to my stock-ROM 4.0.2 backup in order to see if k can isolate the problem, as long as I wipe first, will I run into any issues?

Thanks!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums
  2. XanRules

XanRules New Member

I just realized that "media scanner service" has been running the whole time. But I'm not using Google Music or anything else.

:(

3. XanRules

XanRules New Member

Anyone?

4. pdc419

pdc419 Member

Its weird, I have had the media show up in my bat stats in some ROMs and not others. I'm running a liquid tester and it's not showing up at all, but with gummy and I think axiom it did. Not sure why. I also use Google music

Search tags for this page

android media stay awake

awake media scanner android
keeping phone awake
media stay awake
mediascannerservice
stay awake media
why media stay awake andriu