Phone slower after new OTA

scampbell70

Reaction score
I just got a notification on my phone and downloaded the 30 meg OTA that is suppose to fix no sim error and add remote diag tools. I just got the phone yesterday and never saw the no sim error but I like to stay up to date on my software. Anyway, this took my phone from G1 to G7 and now I am noticing a TON of lag in chrome as well as the stock browser when surfing. scrolling through a thread with a lot of responses used to be fluid now it hangs and is very choppy. I am on stock and not rooted, and the only change was this update, has anyone else noticed this?

huskur

Reaction score
You need to pull the battery and then reboot. Just don't reboot alone. That will fix the problem

OP
S

scampbell70

Reaction score
Thanks, that does look like it fixed it. Husker I moved from the razr maxx to the S3 as well, how are you liking it. So far I am enjoying it better then the maxx but the battery on the maxx seems a little better. Over all though I am happy with the move. I paid full retail price for the S3 so it better be a good phone lol. The guy at the verizon store thought I was crazy for wanting to pay full retail for an S3 when I had a maxx and actually tried to talk me out of buying it. I got the 32gig in blue.

Last edited:

Z06_Mir

Reaction score
Thanks, that does look like it fixed it. Husker I moved from the razr maxx to the S3 as well, how are you liking it. So far I am enjoying it better then the maxx but the battery on the maxx seems a little better. Over all though I am happy with the move. I paid full retail price for the S3 so it better be a good phone lol. The guy at the verizon store thought I was crazy for wanting to pay full retail for an S3 when I had a maxx and actually tried to talk me out of buying me. I got the 32gig in blue.

When I bought my S3 at retail the guy almost wouldn't sell it to me. He's like "No, you don't wanna do that. How about I explain the new share everything plan?" No, just no. Let me buy my phone and carry on with my life.

OP
S

scampbell70

Reaction score
When I bought my S3 at retail the guy almost wouldn't sell it to me. He's like "No, you don't wanna do that. How about I explain the new share everything plan?" No, just no. Let me buy my phone and carry on with my life.

LOL yeah they keep trying to get me to go with the new share everything plan but if I switched my bill would actually go up almost $70 a month. I HATE that every time I have to talk to verizon I have to go through the whole no I dont want to change to the family share plan thing. It is very annoying.

Last edited:

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
I got mine with an upgrade and am already on tiered data and the guy was trying to talk me into getting a GS3 INSTEAD of a Maxx. Silly Verizon, never know what to expect.

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score
I just got a notification on my phone and downloaded the 30 meg OTA that is suppose to fix no sim error and add remote diag tools. I just got the phone yesterday and never saw the no sim error but I like to stay up to date on my software. Anyway, this took my phone from G1 to G7 and now I am noticing a TON of lag in chrome as well as the stock browser when surfing. scrolling through a thread with a lot of responses used to be fluid now it hangs and is very choppy. I am on stock and not rooted, and the only change was this update, has anyone else noticed this?
I lost 4g,until I did batt and sim card pull,all is well in da hood.:biggrin:

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Thanks, that does look like it fixed it. Husker I moved from the razr maxx to the S3 as well, how are you liking it. So far I am enjoying it better then the maxx but the battery on the maxx seems a little better. Over all though I am happy with the move. I paid full retail price for the S3 so it better be a good phone lol. The guy at the verizon store thought I was crazy for wanting to pay full retail for an S3 when I had a maxx and actually tried to talk me out of buying it. I got the 32gig in blue.
Do they get a bonus or something?

wcjeep

Reaction score
When I bought my GSIII out right I wasn't even the first one of the day to do so. No ota yet. Wife and I have yet to see the Sim card error message.

Z06_Mir

Reaction score
scampbell70 said:
I dont know if they work on commission or not.

I think they get some. I think they make far more on contract renewals and plan changes (killing unlimited data). I said somewhere else that we I bought mine the guy almost wouldn't let me because it was "too expensive". I wasn't a fan of a total stranger giving me financial advise on how to purchase a phone.

rushmore

Reaction score
I dont know if they work on commission or not.

They are compensated based on contract renewals, data plans, insurance and product add-on sales.

If a person comes in and pays full price for a phone and that is it, they get nothing.