1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Phone Slide Troublesome While Using Maps

Discussion in 'Project Elite' started by Pastor Ron, Apr 16, 2011.

1. Pastor Ron

Pastor Ron New Member

I am really enjoying 4.2! I do have a question, though, and did spend a while looking for the answer. The theme I'm using is Another Galaxy-S. The problem only recently started. Before asking, I did a wipe (several times) using a guide found on this forum. Here goes:

While using Google maps I have a hard time answering the phone; sometimes it takes 4-6 attempts to slide the button to the right. Hope this makes sense. It's as if I can't get a grip on the button in order to slide right. When I'm not using Google maps the phone slide thing works just fine.

Thanks for any help you can offer on this problem.
  2. Pastor Ron

Pastor Ron New Member

Am I the only one having this problem?
  3. Pastor Ron

Pastor Ron New Member

I may have this thing figured out; it will take another road trip to see, though. If my theory is right, I'll post about it. Amazing how not one person suggested a fix - maybe that means my phone is the only one with the problem. This ROM is wonderful; my problem is simply a little bump in the road.
  4. nuguy

nuguy New Member

Ron, I don't have a fix, but I will just say that while I love maps when I use it, it its one heck of a resource hog - and it its not surprising that you are having issues while using it.

Good luck!
  5. Pastor Ron

Pastor Ron New Member

Okay, I finally got to try out my theory yesterday, and it worked perfectly. Everyone knows the D1 is a little underpowered, so when using Google maps, the phone strains to multitask.

One of my favorite utilities is MyLock so I don't have to slide to unlock the phone (just don't like doing the slide thing). There is a feature in MyLock called "Hardware Accept" which allows Nav/trackball/cam button to accept. I clicked that and then patiently waited for a call while using Google maps. Works just right. Couldn't ask for anything better.

I've not tried using the camera button to answer a call yet; normally, a box appears with "Accept" in it and that's what I've been using. I'll also give the camera button a go at some point, but for now, all is well with my D1.