Phone selection help?

JCDenton771

Reaction score
Hello all! I'm relatively new to this site and have only been posting in the Droid 4 forum. I had planned on getting the Droid 4 as it was supposed to come out tomorrow, but it no longer looks like that is going to happen. So, I still need to get a new phone next week as my phone is broken. Any suggestions of the new phones out there? I am open to all and would just like some feedback of your experiences with the new devices. I have an LG Ally right now so frankly anything would be an upgrade at this point. Also I don't text as much as I used to so I don't think an all touch device would be that big of a deal.

TheOldFart

Reaction score
I just got an Inc2 for free at BB to replace my 2 year old Droid. I really like it so far. If I wanted a more future proof phone (dual core and LTE), I would pick the Rezound. My wife had an Ally and I didn't think it was that bad. She liked it. Yes, it was way short on memory, but my wife didn't have that many apps installed. Other than that, she really didn't have problems with it. I do think that even the 8 month old Inc2 is a big improvement on the Ally, except for the good Ally keyboard. Again, my choices are Inc2 or Rezound, depending on how much you want to pay and how much power you want.

Nyobie

Reaction score
The Thunderbolt is my recommendation. I love mine. It's been reliable so far and the only problems I have are 4G signal related.

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt

OP
JCDenton771

JCDenton771

Reaction score
I just got an Inc2 for free at BB to replace my 2 year old Droid. I really like it so far. If I wanted a more future proof phone (dual core and LTE), I would pick the Rezound. My wife had an Ally and I didn't think it was that bad. She liked it. Yes, it was way short on memory, but my wife didn't have that many apps installed. Other than that, she really didn't have problems with it. I do think that even the 8 month old Inc2 is a big improvement on the Ally, except for the good Ally keyboard. Again, my choices are Inc2 or Rezound, depending on how much you want to pay and how much power you want.

Don't get me wrong I have loved my Ally. It has served me well until it started having problems recently. The Rezound does have the upside because it has removable battery and I do like the beats stuff. I just have heard the battery life is horrible. I don't mind paying for a latest and greatest; rather do that then spend cheaper and be unsatisfied again in 6 months. I am a power android user so I would love a device that would be able to handle everything I want it to do.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
droid razr, gnexus, rezound are all the top phones so far. I personally would grab one and use the 14 day period. Just make sure you protect it and keep it from getting nicked or anything that will make them deny it. I had my nexus and I kept the headphone wrapped in the box just in case.