Phone security app?

liam.

Reaction score
Is there an app where I can lock my phone with a passcode instead of the design lock that comes standard the droid? The design lock works great but if you work with hands alot and your very hands on the grease and the oils plus dust on the screen it leaves the drag marks all over the screen, thus revealing my password!

carbine

Reaction score
Is there an app where I can lock my phone with a passcode instead of the design lock that comes standard the droid? The design lock works great but if you work with hands alot and your very hands on the grease and the oils plus dust on the screen it leaves the drag marks all over the screen, thus revealing my password!

Well, in Android 2.2 you have the choice of using the pattern, a PIN or a password. You can either wait for the official release or upgrade early with a release candidate. Information is in the "Hacks" section of this forum.

OP
L

liam.

Reaction score
when is android 2.2 expected to release? what, if any issues would I encounter for upgrading early?

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
when is android 2.2 expected to release? what, if any issues would I encounter for upgrading early?

Nobody knows for sure on the OTA release. There are many threads about installing it yourself. One mentioned something about WiFi, but I'm not sure about what.

OP
L

liam.

Reaction score
apparently some people had issues using there WiFi, that it didn't or wouldn't work when they installed 2.2

What are some of the upgrades to going to 2.2?

carbine

Reaction score
apparently some people had issues using there WiFi, that it didn't or wouldn't work when they installed 2.2

What are some of the upgrades to going to 2.2?

I am currently running 2.2 with no wifi problems. I've got an overclocked kernel with wifi enabled. The ONLY problem I've had so far is being unable to install Maps via the market. I do have Maps on my phone that works amazingly fast with navigation, but I cannot install Maps from the Market.

As for features? It has built-in USB tether, a new homescreen, it's been benchmarked faster, the new PIN/Password login for the screen, the Market has a couple new features (mostly layout and update all), the Gmail app has some changes. I also think it changed the call log a bit as well. Seems to join multiple calls to the same number together.

OP
L

liam.

Reaction score
I wish i was a little more tech savy cause then I would do it but I'm just going to hold off untill it gets released officially