Phone screen is going nuts - new phone?? weird pixelazation??

Chellebyerly

Reaction score
View attachment 64666 this is my sons phone. It was a recent replacement for another phone. He had it in his pocket and although he did sweat and his pockets were damp, there is no way they were WET- so I am trying to figure out if I should attempt to get ahold of asurion and get a replacement or what. I sure don't want to get screwed again- I only went through them because his old phone had a crack on the back, then MONTHS later it quit working, little bits at a time- but because of the crack on back I knew that Verizon would blame damage.... Is there anyway to check inside the phone before I do? What else could this be? its less than 2 weeks old.

WillisD

Reaction score
You sure it didn't overheat? Have you tried a data reset? I've had mine in my pocket and sweated bullets and haven't had that happen.

OP
C

Chellebyerly

Reaction score
You sure it didn't overheat? Have you tried a data reset? I've had mine in my pocket and sweated bullets and haven't had that happen.
<BR><BR> I am not sure of that at all- we are in Texas, so everything overheats :) <P><P> What is a data reset and how do you do it? <P> to be honest, its in a rice bag right now JUST IN CASE and turned off.

WillisD

Reaction score
Go into settings, then privacy, choose factory data reset. But before you do that backup all important files from your internal memory

Dave517

Reaction score
View attachment 64666 this is my sons phone. It was a recent replacement for another phone. He had it in his pocket and although he did sweat and his pockets were damp, there is no way they were WET- so I am trying to figure out if I should attempt to get ahold of asurion and get a replacement or what. I sure don't want to get screwed again- I only went through them because his old phone had a crack on the back, then MONTHS later it quit working, little bits at a time- but because of the crack on back I knew that Verizon would blame damage.... Is there anyway to check inside the phone before I do? What else could this be? its less than 2 weeks old.

Hate to say it, but looking at that photo, that Droid M is fried. Hey, try a reset. You never know, but not holding my breath. I love my Droid M. It's been solid as a rock.

Let us know what you find out.

OP
C

Chellebyerly

Reaction score
okay- we turned it back on, and the screen was at maybe 1/4 on each side starting to do the fade thing- within 3 or 4 minutes it was well into the middle with the odd colors and over 1/3 from the outsides was BLACK- and you couldn't SEE anything- and the screen that you see in that pic is 'burned' into it- you can faintly see it. and that's ALL you can see.. Did he fry it or did it just fry? I am not paying another 100.00 on insurance. This phone so far has sucked for us. LOL he dropped it on carpet and the back cracked, (I guess he dropped it just right) and then it died, now this...

Dave517

Reaction score
okay- we turned it back on, and the screen was at maybe 1/4 on each side starting to do the fade thing- within 3 or 4 minutes it was well into the middle with the odd colors and over 1/3 from the outsides was BLACK- and you couldn't SEE anything- and the screen that you see in that pic is 'burned' into it- you can faintly see it. and that's ALL you can see.. Did he fry it or did it just fry? I am not paying another 100.00 on insurance. This phone so far has sucked for us. LOL he dropped it on carpet and the back cracked, (I guess he dropped it just right) and then it died, now this...

I don't like to be the bearer of bad news but I think that phone is dead. Today's phones are very tough, including the Droid RAZR M, but still need to be handled with care i.e. moisture, impact, exposure to extremes, etc.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that I don't believe the damage I'm seeing was caused by being carried in a pocket. The screen is not susceptible to damage by water or moisture such that it would cause the type of display we're seeing here.

That looks more like a complete failure of the display, or a control chip for the display. The fact that it deteriorated over time from when it was reset indicates perhaps thermal break-down of the display.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Scimino

Reaction score
My RAZR m does that all the time. But mine also goes back to normal just as quick. It seems to only happen when I play games. Sometime everything turns blue sometimes it looks like op's.

bigbadwulff

Reaction score
So, why not just take it to where you got it and ask for a new one? What's the worst theyy can say?.....no?