Phone says 'Low on Space' and won't sync gmail, but it's not low of space...

rajesh06

Reaction score
Update Solution??

So this morning - I check my phone and it says there is a system update available and asks if I want to install now. I click yes and go take a shower. When I return, the message says that it cold not install because it was low on space. I am hoping that this update has the fix.

How do I get an OTA system update again?
Call Verizon?

Takami826

Reaction score
So this morning - I check my phone and it says there is a system update available and asks if I want to install now. I click yes and go take a shower. When I return, the message says that it cold not install because it was low on space. I am hoping that this update has the fix.

How do I get an OTA system update again?
Call Verizon?

I have the same exact problem as rajesh06 so I'm jumping in on this, too.

yesterday I got the 2.3.4 update and immediately got low memory yet again. Killed FB, reinstalled it, it's been fine as best I can tell.

last night I get a notice for 4.something other other update so I click YES and then it reboots and I get the message rajesh06 got so I said "okay"... I have NOTHING left to uninstall or delete -which makes NO sense because I have TONS of space yet if I don't coddle this moronic warning with time consuming b.s. I can't get my emails.

If it's a glitch, fine, but it's ticking me off I don't use a lot of apps and have TONS of memory open and anything I CAN install on the card, I do cuz I am using the beast memory card from my original Moto Droid, not the dinky one that came with my, well,... DINC...

thebalt

Reaction score
no update due to low space

I report the same thing this morning (although I haven't seen the low on space icon in about 10 days); I also made some more space but of course it does not appear I have access to the OTA anymore.

landscraper

Reaction score
Had the same problem here. It shows 2.3.4 installed, but it told me this morning it couldn't install an update due to being low on space.

I've had the space issue for a while, and it's been constantly getting worse. I clear data from every place I can find on a daily basis. The message goes away for a while, then comes right back.

I came on here today to see about wiping it, but it sounds like that's just a temporary fix too.

This "smart" phone does not seem so smart right now.

Edit:
I moved 10-15 apps to the SD card in preparation to wipe, and now it tells me they are not there. They are visible on the card and in the app manager.

Last edited:

KeepItReal

Reaction score
There is an update coming. They put then out in stages, so be a little patient. I think it will be 2.3.5 when its done.

Sent from my ADR6350 using DroidForums

rajesh06

Reaction score
Called Verizon who transferred me to HTC. They said that if the update doesn't install you need to wait 14 days until it available again to me due to how they roll out updates to subscribers.

They said that this update may help the low on space issue but its not a complete fix.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums

ShoalsRebel

Reaction score
spent 2 hrs. on the phone with verizon yesterday working on this. I accepted the 2.3.4 and all was fine. Then got a notice for another 8m update. Accepted it and all of the above problems presented. Ended up moving all my pics to my sd card, wiping my phone and only reinstalling apps that I absolutely have to use. So far this morning all is ok. I keep getting the notice for the 2nd update, but the tech at Verizon told me to wait a few days before accepting it. Now my SD card is totally full so I'm heading out for a larger one so I can add more photos if i want to.

rajesh06

Reaction score
Has this experience soured you on HTC?

it has for me. I'll be getting a new phone in the next few months - and HTCs will not be in the mix for me.

rubah

Reaction score
I've had the space issue for a while, and it's been constantly getting worse. I clear data from every place I can find on a daily basis. The message goes away for a while, then comes right back.
if you're clearing it from apps that are just going to redownload it(especially things like facebook, g+), then you're not going to achieve anything.

I moved 10-15 apps to the SD card in preparation to wipe, and now it tells me they are not there. They are visible on the card and in the app manager.
I had this issue too when I tried to update, but once I moved them back to my phone, the associations were fine and none of my data was lost.

Takami826

Reaction score
ok I'm about to smash this POS phone

I've wasted enough of my life with this piece of crap and b.s. and refuse to buy a new phone, I've had this since March. It blows my mind they can just keep denying there's an issue, can clearly see I have very little on the phone and I just get shrugged at and either I can upgrade my phone or suck it up and deal with a smartphone that is about as useful as an old school flip phone.

Clearing the cache is a ridiculous garbage response just as much as waiting around on the phone being bounced between HTC and Verizon to be told "well that should have worked"

uh CLEARLY it didn't.

Last edited:

ShoalsRebel

Reaction score
spent 2 hrs. on the phone with verizon yesterday working on this. I accepted the 2.3.4 and all was fine. Then got a notice for another 8m update. Accepted it and all of the above problems presented. Ended up moving all my pics to my sd card, wiping my phone and only reinstalling apps that I absolutely have to use. So far this morning all is ok. I keep getting the notice for the 2nd update, but the tech at Verizon told me to wait a few days before accepting it. Now my SD card is totally full so I'm heading out for a larger one so I can add more photos if i want to.
I installed the 2nd update and it went perfectly. Now I'm reinstalling my apps and my phone is faster and smoother.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums

dirtymags

Reaction score
can someone put up a link so we can just manually dl this fix for the low on space BS

Stoneher

Reaction score
Fixed Low Space Message On My Phone

I've had this issue with my phone for the past few days. I deleted all my pictures and text messages and was still getting the message. I just went into my apps and cleared the data in the Facebook for HTC Sense app and the error message immediately disappeared and my phone downloaded my e-mail from gmail!

dirtymags

Reaction score
I've had this issue with my phone for the past few days. I deleted all my pictures and text messages and was still getting the message. I just went into my apps and cleared the data in the Facebook for HTC Sense app and the error message immediately disappeared and my phone downloaded my e-mail from gmail!

That's only a temporary fix. I did that and it comes back eventually..minutes later

dirtymags

Reaction score
I just got the update to the 2.3.4 and it said it would reboot and install in 10 seconds..It counted down to 0 and the message disappeared and it did not reboot and install!! WTF!!