phone rooted now which over clock program?

jack frost

Reaction score
My phone will be here today and I think have the root process down. At that point where can I find an over clocking app and which one do you guys suggest?

demonhawk1313

Reaction score
I would say that it depends. Jrummy's apps looks great and is easy to use with preset values. If you want something that will find your best possible overclock then try quick clock. I personally use milestone overclock. Its free and if you don't mind playing with the settings it works great. I'm also using setcpu for profiles and verification of clock speeds.

OP
J

jack frost

Reaction score
I would say that it depends. Jrummy's apps looks great and is easy to use with preset values. If you want something that will find your best possible overclock then try quick clock. I personally use milestone overclock. Its free and if you don't mind playing with the settings it works great. I'm also using setcpu for profiles and verification of clock speeds.

forgive me for being a noob but where can I find them?

louy99

Reaction score
The android market. Droid overclocker by jrummy is great!

Liberated Droid2 Yo!!

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
The Droid Overclocker also has a few other extra's/goodies that are pretty slick!

trook

Reaction score
Quickclock is the best for me, I have jrummys app and its great but quickclock sets the clockspeed and voltages to what your particular proccessor can handle, you can set profiles as well.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

cvhovey

Reaction score
Quickclock is the best for me, I have jrummys app and its great but quickclock sets the clockspeed and voltages to what your particular proccessor can handle, you can set profiles as well.

1+ ... I've used all of them. While JRummy's "Droid Overclock" has the slickest and easiest interface, it uses preset values (at least for the time being...but I think he hinted adding some new features in future update). For at least now, I prefer to start with "QuickClock Advanced". Why? You can run it to test the lowest possible VSEL (voltage) that your Droid X can handle without crashing. After that it tests the highest clock speed that works on the phone, as well. Then based on what best works on your phone, you can select from among a couple options such as performance, battery saver, etc.

However, I don't really care for the QuickClock Advanced" interface. It looks like some antique MSDOS program. So what I do, is once it has defined the best presets (voltage and upper overclock speed), you can choose to export those presets. Then I open JRummy's Droid Overclock, import those presets, save them, choose the one I want to run ... getting the best of both.

Right now I'm running stock, rooted, debloated (freeze unwanted apps via Titanium Backup), and using the "Battery Saver" settings created by QuickClock. I've been getting 40-50 hours on my stock battery (the one that came with the phone...not an extended battery). The battery saver settings actually underclock my Droid X 300-900, but it runs more zippy than it did with any custom rom I used (ApeX, Liberty, Tranquility, etc, etc.) that I'm not really tempted to go back to a custom rom because even with the above settings I got only 1/2 to 1/3 the battery life I'm getting now.

jjd228

Reaction score
LMAO you don't even have the phone yet and you've already decided that you'll need to overclock the processor? This is the one bad thing about this and other forums like it. Kiddies read things and then decide they must also do it. It's sad really. People that have never even seen a Linux or Unix command line have turned the word "root" into a verb! Think about that for a minute.

Here's what you and everyone else should do: Get the phone and use it as you normally would. What many of you will find is that there is nothing you can't do. For the advanced users that legitimately want to do something that requires root access (and assuming you know what the word root means), THEN you can start asking questions and learning about this stuff.

OP
J

jack frost

Reaction score
LMAO you don't even have the phone yet and you've already decided that you'll need to overclock the processor? This is the one bad thing about this and other forums like it. Kiddies read things and then decide they must also do it. It's sad really. People that have never even seen a Linux or Unix command line have turned the word "root" into a verb! Think about that for a minute.

Here's what you and everyone else should do: Get the phone and use it as you normally would. What many of you will find is that there is nothing you can't do. For the advanced users that legitimately want to do something that requires root access (and assuming you know what the word root means), THEN you can start asking questions and learning about this stuff.

I'm 32 years old not a kid first off. I plan on using this phone to tether to my computer when I lose internet as I work at home and need my internet. I have a quad core pc and I have that over clocked as well. I play online poker as a job. Aside from playing 24 tables at a time I run several other programs to aid with table selection, stat keeping etc...

The whole reason I went with the droid x was because I wanted to be able to do stuff like this. Not sure if you understand but over clocking isn't a new thing nor is it something that came about because of people wanting to tweak cell phones. I'm not a huge computer guy but I def understand what rooting the phone as well as over clocking it will do.

Even if I was just using it as a phone whats the problem with wanting to get the most out of your devices be it a cell phone or a car.

HayWire

Reaction score

So which app would you suggest in response to a legit question by the OP? Or did all you have to offer in this thread was the timeout... I just installed Quickclock after the suggestions of others, looking forward to seeing my baby run with it now!