Phone rings through headset

richardsugg

Reaction score
I can't figure out how to make the ringer ring through the speaker when the headset is plugged in. I like to have my phone sitting on my desk with the headset plugged in, but not actually wearing the headset, so I don't have to fumble with plugging it in when a call arrives. The problem is that if a call does arrive, the ringer is playing through the headset and not the speaker, so I never hear the ringer.

Anyone know how to fix this?

OP
R

richardsugg

Reaction score
that's what I'm afraid of...hoping there is a workaround. My previous phones rang the ringer through the speaker regardless, so I was hoping the same is possible here.

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
that's what I'm afraid of...hoping there is a workaround. My previous phones rang the ringer through the speaker regardless, so I was hoping the same is possible here.

Set it to vibrate and then ring...if you have it sitting flat on something, you should hear the vibrate...

rickreno

Reaction score
Mine ONLY rings thru headphones. No sound at all anywhere else. Tried hard resets (3) - no luck.

LuciferRex

Reaction score
Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but I think I remember reading something about this being an issue with CDMA phones (all Verizon phones). I too think this is a ridiculous limitation.

surfarch

Reaction score
I don't see any settings to control this. If anyone figures out a way, let us know. If my headset is plugged in but not in my ear, I miss the call. The vibration is not loud enough if I am not right next to the phone.