Phone Rings, I Answer, Ringtone Plays Over the Caller's Voice

Discussion in 'ChevyNo1' started by Whitechapel, Feb 25, 2012.

1. syndicate0017

syndicate0017 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +48
    Well the Nexus is pretty much future proof. Two years with it should be more than attainable. The jump from 256 MB RAM to 1 GB RAM is a more significant leap than 1 GB RAM to 2 GB RAM. I'm sure I don't even have to mention the D1's lack of internal storage capacity...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

2. Whitechapel

Whitechapel Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm going to stop you right there, you say future proof and I laugh. The Nexus is not the pinnacle of Google success. I have not even begun reading about it, and even you said it yourself, people have issues with the phone as is. So I'm going to invest this money into one, and it might not even work? After spending months and months thinking that the Galaxy Nexus will be better, after its launch people have phone and data issues? This might be addressed in some OTA update, but that is extremely disheartening to hear when I haven't even purchased it yet! If I have this many problems with the D1, I'm going to go ahead and get the Galaxy Nexus and be introduced to different problems and be in a different boat, but be in the same position I am now. My phone is everything to me, and I mean everything to me, and I need something reliable, not something because it's trendy and is the flavor of the moment and has 1 GB of RAM and a dual core processor. So even if I do get an iPhone, who knows what issues I'll have. And all the money I spent on my Droid will be for nothing.

/sigh

I'm damned if I do, and damned if I don't.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2012
  3. syndicate0017

Ratings:
    +48
    Well for two years it will be. The unlocked bootloader and support from both Google and devs will make two years easily achievable. I wasn't saying that its the best phone EVARRRR and no phone will ever top it. That would just be naive. A phone is technically outdated the minute it is released.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

4. Whitechapel

Whitechapel Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Which is why I said I laughed when you said it was future proof. I deal with technology for a career, and I know what is the best now will not be in a matter of weeks to months. I get that, it's all part of the territory. But what everything going on, I cannot be doing this. And if I get a new phone and run into similar issues, I am going to seriously rethink even a smart phone, which really breaks my heart because I've grown so accustomed to it and having one in my life. But at the same time if it's not reliable and I'm missing messages and can't even receive a simple phone call without error, what is the point honestly? What scares me most is what if something happens to me and I can't use my phone? There's a lot to it. I have a lot going on in my life right now, and I mean more than I care to get into with these forums. Which adds to my frustration and anger. Money is tight, but clearly I need a new phone. And I have a hard time dumping all this money into a new phone, new plan, and everything else, only to hear there are issues, which to me, are deal breakers. I could clearly go with other phones, IE: the Razr, but I've played with a Razr before and honestly felt like what I was using was not worth it at all. I've been screwed on phones before, and I'm just getting tired of it. I can't live without a smart phone, but if I don't get one, I'll have a reliable phone but not access to everything I need. I might as well just carry around my laptop everywhere with me and hope there's a WiFi spot within range.

I hope you can have at least a little understanding of where I'm coming from (you don't even need a full understanding or even agree with me, you don't know the full story, I'm tired, I'm angry, and I'm irritated ), and while I may not seem logical, I am more concerned with the long run than anything else. I do not want to make another mistake like I have in the past. For once I'd like a phone to work out in my favor, and who knows if that will happen, you know? Damned if I do, damned if I don't, regardless of how much research I do

At this point I don't think I'm doing anyone any favors and am just fighting because I'm angry, so I will give it one more go with flashing it. If it fails again, I'll be stuck with the awful stock OS and deal with it. Then...I don't know. What choice do I honestly have at this point, you know? Not much else I can do.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2012
  5. syndicate0017

Ratings:
    +48
    I do understand what you're saying. Why dump $300+ into something that won't function like you need it to? But, I will say that comparing your current problems with your current phone to the phones on the market now and assuming they will have the same problems is not a fair comparison. That would be like me saying I'll never upgrade to Windows 7 because I had X and Y problem on Vista so it must still remain in 7. And not only are you upgrading software wise, you'd be vastly be upgrading hardware wise regardless of if you went Nexus, Rezound, Razr, or hell, even an Inc 2. I'd advise you to go play with a Nexus in store. I too work in technology for a living and could absolutely not imagine my life without my smartphone. I depend on it. Before I upgraded to the Nexus, my D1 was having the same issues (fortunately for me though, the SBF was a bandaid until my upgrade). With my Nexus, I have not had any of the issues that are currently souring your Android experience.

I can't change your opinion. I can only express mine. I would totally advise against you giving up a smartphone permanently. Things are only going to get better.

6. soops

soops Member

Ratings:
    +2
    This may/may not make you feel better, but if I had the experience you have had, I will stop rooting /ROM-ing & jump ship to an iPhone.

Sent from my DROID using Tapatalk

7. Whitechapel

Whitechapel Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I can't get the stock rom to flash back. I tried three times now to reflash and it goes through the process very quickly, everything it says in the guide to flash matches up to what is being done, and sure enough nothing changes. No errors, the process is quick (as it in takes probably 1/10th of the time it took me to do it originally), says PASS under the result. I tried rebooting, clearing cache, wiping data. I tried unzipping the .sbf file to a new location, nothing. I am officially done with this. Now I have to wake up early tomorrow and try to fix this because until I do, I am without a phone. I'm already stressed beyond belief because I had to spend a majority of my night dealing with this and had to put off spending time with my cousin, which broke my heart because lately we have not been getting to spend any time together, and he's the only family I really have in my life right now, and I feel like a total asshole. I know it's completely unrelated, but this weekend was supposed to be about building relationships with the people I truly care about. Please, someone put some bullets in my head already and put me out of my misery, I just don't care anymore.

:(

I got the stock image back on it, rerooted, and am done with all of this. Thanks for your help, syndicate.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2012
  8. metalspring

metalspring Silver Member

Ratings:
    +24
    yeah, or steel droid rom is still active...i wish i would've seen this thread before, i have everything needed for an sbf back to stock and reroot with instructions in the link in my signature....
    at any rate the only 2 roms i know if that are still active for the droid 1 are steel droid and cushzero...also try setting the minimum cpu speed a little higher (around maybe 500 MHz or a little higher) that seems to help with incoming call issues

9. Whitechapel

Whitechapel Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I haven't used SetCPU for ages and will continue not to. Also, I will not be reflashing another ROM, the stock image from P. Alfonso is sufficient enough.

10. sherri

sherri Member

Ratings:
    +7
    I also have the issue with phone ringing after I answer. I am using Liquid 3.2 ROM.

I read all of this with interest, as I am curious if any OG Droid running Froyo has these issues. My oldest daughter has a D2 and HATES GB! Would love to go back to Froyo, but won't root it.

Youngest has Stratosphere with GB standard. No issues (except 4G, but that is a VZW issue where I live...)

I have thought of unrooting and going stock Froyo, but the reason I rooted was because I need/want led light to blink with screen ON, and you need a custom ROM for that.

As stated, damned if you do, damned if you don't...

Sent from my DROID using Tapatalk

11. Axium

Axium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    You can use a froyo rom and have it blink with the screen on. I never went to gb on the og. It was too far unstable. U.d 2.5, ss 4.96, sourceryrom id what id recommend.

Sent from my GALAXY NEXUS using DroidForums

12. gerend

gerend Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I was at the same point in my hatred for this POS Droid 1. While I appreciate all of the hard work provided by the Android Community (particularly Pete/Chevyno1/etc), I was finally fed up enough that when it became time for my upgrade, I went for an iPhone4S and have no plans of ever going back. This thing is SMOOTH and FAST. Everything about it just works as it should. No need to worry about kernel versions/clock speeds/ringtones that won't stop even after answering/choppy video cameras/still cameras that freeze or crash after taking 2 pictures/blurry pictures/music randomly playing during work meetings/choppy GUIs/WiFi randomly dropping/resetting 3G->Airplane->3G after a phone call/ringtones randomly changing/etc. etc. etc. I am a techie geek, and professionally work as a Computer Engineer. It's fun to tinker with toys, but my phone is a TOOL that should JUST WORK. In fact, the only things I will miss about my D1 is my desk dock, AlarmClock+, and the better loudspeaker. OK, and all of the awesome people in the DF community too!

13. soops

soops Member

Ratings:
    +2
    I'm still on my OG, running liquid rom 3.2. very fluid, reboots maybe once a month & no other complain. I've gone back to stock rom twice & notice the lag, reboots often when I performed multi-tasking. On the other hand, 2 friends I know with OG never rooted/flash rom & their phone ran fine, with hardly any reboot (one said she noticed it reboots about once a week) & overall no complain. I firmly believed all that rom-ing/flashing, overclocking on my part make my OG has taken it's toll. Doesn't seem reasonable comparing a phone that has been paced/put the test to another phone (iphone) that's stock.

14. meishkov

meishkov Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Yea, I can see how it can easily get frustrating when things don't work out the way you planned. I for one have gotten extremely furious over my OG when it acts up when I just did somethin to it to stop the acting up. I've chucked it at a wall before, and wish it would've broke, but was very happy when I noticed it didn't break. Just always gotta keep a cool head, its not a state of mind, but rather a way of life. Music randomly playing during a work meeting would drive me crazy no doubt about that tho. IPhone is only smooth because.its mass produced from the same company the exact same way each time, and is never designed to ever be tinkered with.

Sent from my OG using DroidForums

Search tags for this page
damn stop calling ringtone
during call messages ringtone plays

free answer tones for android

free ringtones anus answer the phone
how to stop my ringtone from playing while i'm on the phone
how to stop ringtone from playing while on the phone
ringtone call answering
ringtone goes off while on phone
voice answering ring tone
whilst ringtune