Phone Rings, I Answer, Ringtone Plays Over the Caller's Voice

Discussion in 'ChevyNo1' started by Whitechapel, Feb 25, 2012.

1. Whitechapel

Whitechapel Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have just about had it with this piece of garbage Droid 1. I'm about to throw the damned thing in the lake!!!! Anyway, my problem has been thus: someone calls me, ringtone goes off. I answer, the phone screws up and the ringtone keeps playing OVER the voice of the other person. I hear both the person calling and my ringtone, except the ringtone is much louder. I can't end the call (there is no button, I try to tap the back key or home key and nothing happens), I have to yell over the other person (they often say they can't hear me, I'm assuming because of the ring tone in use). So in anger I will often just pull the battery out and call them back. But this needs to stop and I have no idea what is causing it. I rewiped my phone today and installed fresh, and it is STILL happening to me. It's been happening to me for months now, and it's extremely irritating. What the hell is going on with my phone? There is nothing special about my ringtones, just 30 second MP3 clips. And it doesn't matter what ring tone I use, it happens still. I don't have any dialer apps or anything of the such, just using whatever comes with SS 5.6.

I used Titanium Backup to restore just my apps, no system data. And I swear to god if you tell me to install fresh again and install apps one by one I will never root another phone again, this has become such a pain in the ass and a waste of my time if the answer to everything is to waste hours reinstalling and reconfiguring everything. I've only got about 30 apps total but I'm extremely anal retentive about this stuff, I have my phone set up the way I exactly want it.

Sorry for cursing and acting like an angsty teen, I didn't get a lot of sleep last night and this issue is just one of my triggers that sends me into a rage. I can live with all the other problems I've had with this stupid phone, the LED not working anymore, the having to restart it every other day, the phone restarting itself, the phone restarting AND wiping itself. I'm upgrading to a Galaxy Nexus but I can't for a few more weeks, if I get my tax return soon it's going towards that.

:(

Oh good, I put my phone down for a few minutes, went to check it, and it shut itself off completely. Hooray!

Last edited: Feb 25, 2012
  2. syndicate0017

syndicate0017 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +48
    Well, I know you won't be happy to hear this, but I think you need to SBF and re root. There's a thread on here somewhere with multiple people claiming an SBF made their phone run like new again.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

3. Whitechapel

Whitechapel Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have no idea what "SBF" means.

I see you're using a Nexus, how do you like it?

4. syndicate0017

Ratings:
    +48
    When you rooted your D1, did you use this method? http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-labs/74028-root-droid-1-regardless-os-version.html

If you did, you used an SBF and you didn't even know it. Basically an SBF is a way to bring your Droid back to a completely stock state (moreso than just a simple data wipe). This will reformat your system (which is what you want seeing as your system seems to be having a lot of issues). To run an SBF, you'll need RSD Lite (google for the 4.9 version as I never had an issue with it on my D1). You'll also need to download the SBF file from here Sholes - Downloads

Scroll to SBFfiles (about 3/4 down) and then click the FRG83G. You'll download that and then you'll load it up in RSD by clicking the "..." near the top of the RSD window. Before you click start, make sure your phone is in bootloader mode (D pad up + power from an off state) and connected to your PC via USB. You should see something along the lines of SE Flash in the middle part of RSD. If you see that, you're good to go. Click start and let it do it's thing. When it's finished, you'll have to re-root and re-ROM if you like.

Edit: Just saw your 2nd question. I LOVE my Nexus. If you love Vanilla Android like on the D1 and an open platform to modify to your heart's content, you will absolutely love this phone. Some have experienced data and signal issues, but I've been fortunate enough to avoid that. Also, it will be an enormous upgrade from the D1.

5. Whitechapel

Whitechapel Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Got it, thanks for the instructions. I made a note of all my apps while I downloaded the thing from P. Alfonso (I did know what a SBF was, I'm a big fan of him. I just didn't know what it stood for! :)) Also, I did do it with the link you posted.

I'll reflash, reroot, and do work on this beast. Will let you know if I run into any issues, but I should be able to handle this.

Anything else I need to know? Or just re-flash and re-root? Is it then safe to re-flash SS 5.6?

6. syndicate0017

Ratings:
    +48
    Shouldn't be anything else. You should be good to go after that. If you run into problems or anything, feel free to come back to this thread and ask or PM me.

7. Whitechapel

Whitechapel Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Quick question. Downloaded the FRG83 file and it's a zip file. I can't seem to find the file RSD needs, the .shx, .sbf, or .hs file. I unzipped the file and nothing can be found, I looked through all the folders.

Nevermind, downloaded the .zip file and not the .sbf. Classic noob mistake, haha. I should be good as soon as it downloads.

Back to drinking I go!

8. syndicate0017

Ratings:
    +48
    Don't use win zip. Make sure you use 7 zip. Then move the .sbf to a location on your desktop.

9. Whitechapel

Whitechapel Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Got everything completed, got stuck in a boot loop after loading SS 5.6. Copied the download I had from the .zip file I had in a file on my SD card to the root and renamed it to update.zip, ran install. I did the "allow update.zip to run" or whatever the option was. I'm honestly getting sick and tired of this. I tried to download a fresh copy of SS 5.6 and of course the link was dead. I'm about to just say **** it and go with the stock image, it's not worth all this hassle and time when my time is already limited as is, this is not really how I wanted to spend Saturday night. I have no trouble doing it, but the running into issues and everything else, I'm already stressed to the gills. The boot loader gets stopped right before it says the Simply Stunning, goes back to the stars, starts to load and before the text it stop.

Whatever, I pulled the battery and tried to boot. Same thing, stuck at the wonderful anim.
    I'm about to give up on this ROM, while I love it I can't stand all this crap.

Unless I'm doing something wrong, I'm going back to stock image.

I love SS, but this is too much as now I have a useless phone, I'm going to have to reflash and I don't want to go through all this crap again, even if it only takes me a little bit of time, the amount of trouble I've had thus far is extremely irritating.

10. syndicate0017

Ratings:
    +48
    You seem to know what you're doing, but I have to ask (its required by df law lol) did you wipe data before flashing SS?

As for the links being dead, that's because Chevy is on a hiatus for awhile. Give Cush Zero a shot before giving up. That was my daily driver when I had a D1

11. Whitechapel

Whitechapel Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I did wipe the data and the cache. I do know what I'm doing, this process is not hard at all. Even if Chevy is gone, and I know he has personal things going on, we cannot support a simple download link? Is it seriously that hard to maintain a simple download link? No one can mirror or reupload a good working file? Seriously? I honestly do not want to try another ROM, Chevy had exactly what I want, and I'm not willing to do all of this again just so I might be happy.

I may be difficult and seem whiny at the moment, but at the same time, this is some basic stuff we're doing and it just seems like what I'm asking for is too much when it's really not. It's irritating because I just want to get this done, and for a little while now I'm going to be without a phone because I'm going to have to start all over again...

And while I may seem ungrateful, that is not the case. I really, really, really do appreciate your help with everything. I really do. It's just my patience is wearing extremely thin. You've been the only poster to help me and you gave fantastic advice. If you lived by me I'd buy you enough rounds to get you drunk off your ass. :)

12. syndicate0017

Ratings:
    +48
    I'm sorry about your difficulties. I'd mirror you a link of SS, but I got rid of all my D1 ROMs from my computer when I upgraded...If you haven't already, I'd wipe data once more. If that doesn't get you up and running, you'll have to SBF again. Then perhaps just stay on the stock ROM until your upgrade.

13. Whitechapel

Whitechapel Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Not your fault. If I can't get this fixed, I wont be back. I'm not going to put the same effort I put into my D1 with a Galaxy Nexus and risk all the bull**** I go through repeatedly with my Droid between the thing rebooting itself and even better is when it decides to just suddenly wipe itself and reboot, and my favorite, not receive text messages until I wake the phone up. Rooting was great when everything worked, but this isn't worth it to me anymore. I'll try and scan all the pages in the thread for someone who may have uploaded it, but at this point it's whatever. If I can't find anything, I'm done for good. At that point I may as well buy an iPhone and be a happy/stupid user and just jailbreak it. None of my friends who have iPhones don't put up with a tenth of these problems. And it breaks my heart to even say that considering what a huge supporter of Google I am. But it makes me think, if I have all these problems with the phone I have now, honestly what is stopping it from happening if I go through an upgrade? All the time and money I've wasted with apps like Titanium Backup...just not fun. If apps like TB don't work, why are they even being promoted when the solution is typically "wipe, reinstall, install apps one by one until everything works"

14. syndicate0017

Ratings:
    +48
    I hope you don't let this sour your Android experience. The problem is the D1's limited hardware. It was never even meant to run Gingerbread, but the OS and framework has been patched together by the grace of devs.

My Nexus runs absolutely flawlessly.

15. Whitechapel

Whitechapel Member

Ratings:
    +0
    This most definitely soured my smartphone experience. My first smart phone was a Windows phone, and I learned my lesson with that mess and vowed never to return to another Windows phone again. And believe me, I preach to anybody who listens to never buy a Windows phone. I mean I don't need to even state why I will never go back to a Windows phone, it should be self explanatory. And now I'm running into all these problems, how long is ICS even going to be around before the Nexus wont be able to support the next upgrade? Then I'll be right back in the same boat, same problems. I'm going to be stuck with my next phone for what, 2 years? You know what bothers me the most out of all of this? It's not even spending this time fixing it, but 1) the ringtone when I answer the phone over the caller and 2) The dead LED. I mean seriously??? So what I consider a big issue, and issue that should not even be happening.

Should I be able to get this ROM to work, it'll be the last ROM I flash because now I've learned my lesson with this.

I'm just extremely agitated and frustrated. And now I'm going to have to revert back to some stock crap OS and deal with it for a few weeks.

Search tags for this page
answer getting voice ringtone
during call messages ringtone plays

free answer tones for android

free ringtones anus answer the phone
how to stop my ringtone from playing while i'm on the phone
how to stop ringtone from playing while on the phone
i am ringing voice ringtone
ringtone call answering
ringtone goes off while on phone
voice answering ring tone