1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Phone returns to home screen while on a phone call

Discussion in 'Droid Incredible Tech Support' started by SDTangler, Jan 3, 2011.

1. SDTangler

SDTangler New Member

Synopsis: During a phone call, if I trigger the proximity sensor (by holding the phone to my ear), the phone returns to the home screen. I will often have to unlock the screen, as well. I expect that when I'm on a phone call, the phone will remain on the PHONE screen.

Why this is a problem: If I have to reach Verizon's tech support, for example, this is what I now have to go through:
    1) dial number
    2) listen to the option, "dial 1 for customer service, 2 for tech support..."
    3) pull the phone away from my ear
    4) unlock the screen
    5) press the phone button to bring up the phone menu

6) press the keypad button on the phone screen to bring back the keypad
    7) press 2

Steps 4,5, and 6 should not be required. Often, by the time I'm ready to key an entry in, I hear the, "Are you still there?" question. So, now I've turned off the screen lock, and STILL have to go through steps 5 and 6. ARRRGH.

This is EXTREMELY annoying. It makes me long for a simple phone. I called HTC and Verizon - neither have an answer for this problem.
Search tags for this page

android phone goes to home page while on the internet

droid press contact number goes back to home page

home screen while on a call on android phone