Phone restarts when sliding to unlock and contacts force close.

sudod2g

Reaction score
Fission rom 2.4.3, Third eye theme current version. I have enjoyed this rom since it came out. I have not experienced bugs of any kind until now. Twice now when sliding to unlock phone it has just restarted on me any one else have this issue.

This might have been said already but if I enter contacts/settings/ and change anything the contact app immediately force closes. And will continue to force close upon re opening the contact app, until I use bootstrap to wipe cash/data thus resetting the changes I made and fixing the force close.

It might be the third eye theme I will flash gingerbread black theme (the way I used to have it) and see if that fixes contact issue.

Input on these issues would greatly be apreciated.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

Edit: @ExodusC, Thank you for the heads up, right you are. He did mention something about the restarts. This fission rom being the only one available has been heavily talked about. There probably isn't a bug that hasn't been covered.

To follow up with my Contacts issue, I flashed back to Fission 2.4.3 with no theme and same issue. The next logical step would be to use a different contacts app any suggestions for a good one?

mguel

Reaction score
I've had the same ocasional reboots with fission 2.4.3 when unlocking. With 2.4.2 had reboots almost half of the times when switching the "use only 2g network" at the GSM/UTMS Options, which was really anoying.

I've notice it with third eye theme, but then installed again the "upgrade 2.4.3" on top and now use it without theme and also have the reboots ocasionally.

cheers

ExodusC

Reaction score
In my case, I discovered that the AOSP Music app caused reboots when sliding to unlock.

I think AngDroid mentioned it in the Fission thread.

Just a heads up!

Sent from my Droid 2 Global using the DroidForums App.

mguel

Reaction score
In the last couple of weeks, I've been having other random reboots once in a while (but definately more frequent than before)…

mguel

Reaction score
I still have reboot (now random) with moto multimedia (music & others).