Phone restarts over and over

orgulio

Reaction score
I have been treaking my Razr Maxx over the last few weeks. I have it on Stock that is rooted. I have frozen much of the bloat. (I did not delete so I could get the updates when they become available.)

On Tuesday I down loaded Go Launcher EX and started setting up the home screens the way I wanted everything. That night I turned the phone off and restarted it. When it started up, I unlocked the phone and I got an error while it was loading the home screen. A window opened saying the home screen was non responsive and gave the option to "force close" or "wait". I choose "wait". The home screen then loaded, but seemed sluggish. Then about 10 second later, the phone reset. I left it go to see what it wouold do. It reset continually ever 2 min for the next hour.

At that time I did a hard reset. When it restarted, I got the same thing. I then went into the boot loader and loaded a nanodroid backup from before Go Luncher. All was fine again. I reinstalled Go Launcher and it started up again. This time I went into Titanium and froze Go Launcher. It did the same thing with ADW Launcher Pro.

Is there something I am forgetting to do when putting the replacement launcher on that is causing the conflict? Your input is greatly appriciated.

Orgulio

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
orgulio said:
I have been treaking my Razr Maxx over the last few weeks. I have it on Stock that is rooted. I have frozen much of the bloat. (I did not delete so I could get the updates when they become available.)

On Tuesday I down loaded Go Launcher EX and started setting up the home screens the way I wanted everything. That night I turned the phone off and restarted it. When it started up, I unlocked the phone and I got an error while it was loading the home screen. A window opened saying the home screen was non responsive and gave the option to "force close" or "wait". I choose "wait". The home screen then loaded, but seemed sluggish. Then about 10 second later, the phone reset. I left it go to see what it wouold do. It reset continually ever 2 min for the next hour.

At that time I did a hard reset. When it restarted, I got the same thing. I then went into the boot loader and loaded a nanodroid backup from before Go Luncher. All was fine again. I reinstalled Go Launcher and it started up again. This time I went into Titanium and froze Go Launcher. It did the same thing with ADW Launcher Pro.

Is there something I am forgetting to do when putting the replacement launcher on that is causing the conflict? Your input is greatly appriciated.

Orgulio

This may be more of a razr issue than something you've done. My last razr maxx did the same thing.... but it was bone stock.

Instead of doing a complete factory reset, go into your applications, manage applications, all, scroll down to hone screen and clear the data. Reset your home screens.

This works on the stock maxx and razr, at least it has for some. You can try it.

DROID RAZR MAXXAMIZED!!!

rosso

Reaction score
This may be more of a razr issue than something you've done. My last razr maxx did the same thing.... but it was bone stock.

Instead of doing a complete factory reset, go into your applications, manage applications, all, scroll down to hone screen and clear the data. Reset your home screens.

This works on the stock maxx and razr, at least it has for some. You can try it.

DROID RAZR MAXXAMIZED!!!

Had my Maxx for less than 24 hours having the same problem but it seems to occur after the phone has been connected via USB for Mass storage. Had to boot into recovery and just rebooted from there everything returned to normal. My SD card came from my DX, I wonder if the MAXX doesn't likes something about it?? By the way I'm rooted using the Utility worked like a charm

Ross

Update:

Still having the problem Seems to occur after I have connected to my pc to download pictures When I switch back to charge mode the phone will continually retstart, I have frozen stock homescreen (Iuse Go Launcher), cleared the cache in CWM, shut down completely, cleard go launcher data and it stii restarts on its own. To back up, phone has been ok since Friday, this just started again this am when I connected to download some pictures.

OP
O

orgulio

Reaction score
Got is working.............

Thank you for the suggestion to dump the data for the homescreen. I followed that and unfroze the Go Launcher program. It reset twice, so I went back into Titanium quickly the third time and froze the stock homescreen program. After it reset that time, it has worked fine since then. If anyone else has this problem when using an alternative launcher program, you might try freezing the stock homescreen program and see if that will resolve the issue for you.

rosso

Reaction score
Had my Maxx for less than 24 hours having the same problem but it seems to occur after the phone has been connected via USB for Mass storage. Had to boot into recovery and just rebooted from there everything returned to normal. My SD card came from my DX, I wonder if the MAXX doesn't likes something about it?? By the way I'm rooted using the Utility worked like a charm

Ross

Update:

Still having the problem Seems to occur after I have connected to my pc to download pictures When I switch back to charge mode the phone will continually retstart, I have frozen stock homescreen (Iuse Go Launcher), cleared the cache in CWM, shut down completely, cleard go launcher data and it stii restarts on its own. To back up, phone has been ok since Friday, this just started again this am when I connected to download some pictures.

Any ideas??

OP
O

orgulio

Reaction score
Back with problem

After having my razr maxx stop resetting, I moved some games to the sd card using Apps 2 SD Free to free space on my internal memory. I turned my phone off to restart into safestrap and make a back up. When I rebooted from safestrap to normal systems, I get a message "Process System not responding" with the option to force close or wait. No matter which you choose after about 30 sec the system resets. I am noticing that the phone is indicating when it boots up (No Service) where it normally would say (Verizon).

I am on stock rom that is rooted. Only modification is I am using Go Launcher now. I do not have any bloat removed or frozen. Help needed.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
rosso said:
Any ideas??

The only thing I can suggest here is to get ahold of moto and let them know about the issue. You're not the only one whose had this issue. As far as i know, there is no work around for this.

I can tell you that the SD in my maxx, is the SD from my DX. No issues for me. So i don't think that has anything to do with it. If you think it could, you can backup your SD card files, format the SD card with the phone, restore your data and try it out.

DROID RAZR MAXXAMIZED!!!

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
orgulio said:
After having my razr maxx stop resetting, I moved some games to the sd card using Apps 2 SD Free to free space on my internal memory. I turned my phone off to restart into safestrap and make a back up. When I rebooted from safestrap to normal systems, I get a message "Process System not responding" with the option to force close or wait. No matter which you choose after about 30 sec the system resets. I am noticing that the phone is indicating when it boots up (No Service) where it normally would say (Verizon).

I am on stock rom that is rooted. Only modification is I am using Go Launcher now. I do not have any bloat removed or frozen. Help needed.

On this, I would think it may have something to do with go launcher. Not 100% sure on this as I'm not rooted, nor do I use go launcher. But it seems I've read about this same issue. Try to clear data in go launcher.

DROID RAZR MAXXAMIZED!!!

OP
O

orgulio

Reaction score
I ended up reloading everything to the phone. The only difference from before is I have not moved any apps to SD. It seems when I have moved apps to SD is when I started having issues. Not sure if anyone else has found a similar situation.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
orgulio said:
I ended up reloading everything to the phone. The only difference from before is I have not moved any apps to SD. It seems when I have moved apps to SD is when I started having issues. Not sure if anyone else has found a similar situation.

Hmmm. Strange. Idk. My phone hasn't done it in a long while. And i move files back n forth all the time

DROID RAZR MAXXAMIZED!!!

rosso

Reaction score
Update. I used Matts utility to reinstall .173, took the update and used Matts utility (1.61) to root. Reloaded my backups (Titanium) all was good until to day. I decided to reboot my phone and it essentially went into a boot loop. I ended up doing a factory reset. Rerooted and I have reinstalled all my programs.
Now my question...my previous phone was a DX. It was rooted running GB and Liberty 3 v2 ROM. I had been rooting since Froyo, never had to SBF back, never had a bootloop issue that wasnt resolved by pulling battery, and never had to reinstall a backup. I'm not a novice but certainly no expert. I know my way around a pc, and have a little Linux experience. So what is different about the RAZR/RAZR MAXX and the DX that could cause this problem?
Note I have had this phone just 2 weeks.

Thanks
Ross

primetimeelite

Reaction score

I think I'm "IN" the similar situation. Just upgraded SD and in the process of doing some APPS2SD moves, bam.
Tried safe mode - stays up longer, but still restarts.
Cleared cache - no change.
Not sure what to do next, not really looking forward to a rebuild. :mad:

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Something you need to realize, by moving an app to the sdcard, you're only moving it to.the media area of the device. There is an internal SD card, then there's the sdcard-ext ... which is the removable sdcard :)

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!