Phone resetting itself, Crazy Battery Drain

Phoenixobert

Reaction score
So I have had my Droid Eris for around a month now and it has been great. But since I got my update I have notices a few problems, my phone has reset itself while I am using it two or three times. I will be texting or browsing and it will reset.

But my biggest problem started earlier today. When I woke up, around 8 am, I noticed my phone's power level very low, and I left it charging all day until around 5 pm when I left my house for a little bit. My phone's power level was at 70%, about half an hour later my phone was giving me low power warning saying it had less than 15% left. After less than 30 minutes my battery was gone, without any use.

I immediately shut off my phone and when I got back I threw it on the charger. After about 2 hours it has only charged about 15%. But I keep checking it every few minutes and the power level has stopped charging at 32%. If I ever move my phone it will stop charging. I have picked up my phone with the charger still attached and it stops charging.

Any ideas?

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Stock phone, about a month old and it won't hold a charge? I'd call Verizon up. My guess is you will end up with a new battery or a replacement phone.

I'm assuming you have wifi, bluetooth, gps, off most of the time.

OP
P

Phoenixobert

Reaction score
So I just got my power back up a bit. And I decided to see how my power is being spread out, so I left my phone sitting for about an hour and checked the usage statistics.

I had Cell Standby around 75%
with Phone Idle using about 15%
Android System at about 6%.

But charge when from 92% to roughly 65% over about an hour with no usage other than it sitting unplugged.

Any ideas?

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
same thoughts..they will either give you a new battery or swap your phone for you. Let us know how you make out.

OP
P

Phoenixobert

Reaction score
Here is what has been happening so far now.

After yesterday I kept it on the charger all night and when I took it off this morning it continued to drain. I shut off the internet and updates/sync and threw it back on the charger. Around noon I threw it back on the charger until 4 ish. And now it seems to be working fine. I even turned the internet back on (but not updates/sync yet)

So I don't know if it was the updates or the internet that was killing my battery. But I will still be taking it to the Verizon store at the end of the week to get it looked at.

Anyone else heard of the updates/sync just killing battery?

kristoff125

Reaction score
My guess is HTC, they make bad phones left and right. =(. try to swap it for a moto droid if that's at all possible.