Phone relentlessly turning on wi-fi???

rocket_girl

Reaction score
...Overruling my attempts to turn it OFF. Had to tell it to un-remember my work wireless network. Still, it searches for connection...turning wi-fi on within seconds of when I turn it off. New problem with existing settings...have never had this happen before. Even after wiping workplace wireless connection settings, phone still searching and showing wireless symbol in taskbar with question mark. Unrooted. Ridiculous!

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums

droid doctor

Reaction score
You should try a factory reset, but first save your contacts to your sd card.

droid doctor

Reaction score
I know but I think its easier and faster last time I messed up so know I save them to my as.

OP
R

rocket_girl

Reaction score

Not needed if synced to google.....

This is probably a painfully obvious answer: with an unrooted phone, how do I copy my contacts and photos (from gallery) to SD card? SD files neither show photos as there, nor indicate how to copy anything from elsewhere TO SD card. Same for contacts. Have backed up the latter w/ backup assistant, but really want to ensure that photos are safely on SD card before I proceed w/ reset.

Help???

jpcalhoun

Reaction score

This is probably a painfully obvious answer: with an unrooted phone, how do I copy my contacts and photos (from gallery) to SD card? SD files neither show photos as there, nor indicate how to copy anything from elsewhere TO SD card. Same for contacts. Have backed up the latter w/ backup assistant, but really want to ensure that photos are safely on SD card before I proceed w/ reset.

Help???

I maybe wrong, but I thought photos were automatically saved to your SD card if an SD card is present when the photo is taken.

jpcalhoun

Reaction score

Help???

If you're not comfortable trusting gmail to re-load your contacts on your phone after doing a factory reset, there is an option on your phone under contacts>menu>more>import/export>export to sim card to put your contracts on your sim card. After factory reset just do the same steps except you want to Import to your phone.

Kaos2flo

Reaction score
...Overruling my attempts to turn it OFF. Had to tell it to un-remember my work wireless network. Still, it searches for connection...turning wi-fi on within seconds of when I turn it off. New problem with existing settings...have never had this happen before. Even after wiping workplace wireless connection settings, phone still searching and showing wireless symbol in taskbar with question mark. Unrooted. Ridiculous!

It might have been from an app that you download/using. I know Ultimate juicedefender and Y5 does this. Are you using any app that let it control your wifi?

OP
R

rocket_girl

Reaction score

Help???

I maybe wrong, but I thought photos were automatically saved to your SD card if an SD card is present when the photo is taken.

Thanks!! I have both...photos taken on this phone plus others carried forward. All were present after reset.

OP
R

rocket_girl

Reaction score

Help???

If you're not comfortable trusting gmail to re-load your contacts on your phone after doing a factory reset, there is an option on your phone under contacts>menu>more>import/export>export to sim card to put your contracts on your sim card. After factory reset just do the same steps except you want to Import to your phone.

Thank you!! I was successful with Backup Assistant (and/or Google)...will save this tip for future use. Golden!

OP
R

rocket_girl

Reaction score

It might have been from an app that you download/using. I know Ultimate juicedefender and Y5 does this. Are you using any app that let it control your wifi?

Problem solved with reset. I uninstalled Y5 based on your comment - thanks! Had it for a while...whereas wi-fi problem was sudden and new, but uninstalled anyway!

droid doctor

Reaction score

Problem solved with reset. I uninstalled Y5 based on your comment - thanks! Had it for a while...whereas wi-fi problem was sudden and new, but uninstalled anyway!

I'm glad the reset worked for you :).

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
rocket_girl,

Y5 used to work great but it was definitely the culprit for you. If you want something cool on your homescreen to switch it on and off, you can use elixir in market. Its a cool little widget app that you can assign what you want on it.

If you want something in the notification bar, try quick settings, in market.

OP
R

rocket_girl

Reaction score
rocket_girl,

Y5 used to work great but it was definitely the culprit for you. If you want something cool on your homescreen to switch it on and off, you can use elixir in market. Its a cool little widget app that you can assign what you want on it.

If you want something in the notification bar, try quick settings, in market.

Guidot,

Thanks for tip on Elixir...love it!!!