Phone recording?

zenfor2

Reaction score
I recently installed several free phone recording apps for my RAZR. Problem is that all the recordings they create are garbled when I play them back.

Appreciate any ideas, comments or suggestions.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Moving to Droid RAZR forum.

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
Sorry this reply is almost a month old. It seems as though since most have moved on to newer phones, the Droid 1 section is harldy monitored at all. And since you have a Droid razr and not a Droid 1 I have asked this thread moved to the proper section to see if you can still get some help.

good luck

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
This forum is for Verizon's Droid phones. He just moved it to the Razr section

Tapped from a Galaxy Nexus using Xparent ICS

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
You 1st posted in the Motorola Droid section. That section is for the original Droid. Teddy asked for this to be moved to a more active section about the phone you have. That's when/why FoxKat moved it here. Make sense?

Any way, I've never used a recording app. So maybe someone will stop by & offer more help.

Tapped from a Galaxy Nexus using Xparent ICS

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
What are you exactly trying to record? If you are trying to make a recording of your phone calls, then yes, it is sketchy as best. I have a couple of 'call recording' .apk file in my collection but had the same results as you did with them.

If you want to use your phone to just record conversations/sounds/etc. where you are, then there are apps that do that fairly well, depending on how close you have your phone to the source.

good luck

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
The only call recording apps you will find use the speaker phone and therefore most of the time it will sound garbled.

Actual recording of the downstream and upstream of the voice data is illegal in a lot of states unless you let your party know you are recording (think when you call a corporate company and they tell you "this call may be monitored...) and I am also not to sure manufacturers bake that ability in anyways since there is no real demand for it and because of possible legal ramifications.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD