Phone recording app!

B

budmonster

Phone recording app?

What is the best application, paid or free, for recording phone calls while on your cellphone. Need some help ASAP!

Please list the best ones...

Thank guys..

Last edited by a moderator:

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
Dang, from the exclamation point in the thread title I thought you had one!!!!!

A suggestion for thread titles when looking for something is to put a question mark at the end of the tittle "?" . Might get you more help since it will be percieved as a question or "looking for something?"....instead of "found something!" :)

But, like you I would be interested in this also! :)

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to throw my comments in there. Why is an app like this needed? In most states, if you have recorded something it won't stand up in a court of law if you did not inform them they were being recorded. Maybe that's why there aren't m(any) in the Market.

OP
B

budmonster

Just wanted to throw my comments in there. Why is an app like this needed? In most states, if you have recorded something it won't stand up in a court of law if you did not inform them they were being recorded. Maybe that's why there aren't m(any) in the Market.

I'm in a legal battle for custody of my son, in which I'm granted permission to record phone calls without telling anyone. So this isn't something I want to have fun time with.

Last edited by a moderator:

Serialkilla

Reaction score

ljprevo

Reaction score

I am jumping in here.

The reason I need this is to record harassing calls. It is best to inform the other side that they are being recorded.

I need this for a collection agency that thinks I own them money that are calling and breaking the FDCPA. I know because I work at an agency and know the laws. I have a credit card company that is saying I owe on a credit card that was my ex wife's card. She added me as a authorized signer. I do not owe the bill. I need a way to record their calls to gather evidence against them. My phone before the Droid would record calls and I would tell them that I was recording them, but that did not seem to bother them.

You are right, most laws allow you to record if you inform the other party you are doing so. Usually that shuts them up so it defeats the purpose.

OP
B

budmonster

any other apps? there has to be something?

Yodes

Reaction score
I've used an app called SpoofApp. As long as you don't need to record incoming calls it does the job for outgoing.

Its meant for pranks and fake caller id calls but you don't have to change the id. Its free to download but youhave to pay for calling credits to use. Hope this could maybe help.

Hiroller173

Reaction score
Too much drama.... I use my phone for business and want to be present "in the moment" during calls. To be able to listen back and take notes without having to rely on my aging memory would be very helpful. Any further app suggestions would be appreciated.

pyro6128

Reaction score

Actually, in most states only one party participating in the call needs to be notified (which would be you, the person actually recording the call). There are only 12 states require that that both parties be aware of the recording.

And I too have been interested in an app like this, but most of what I found is garbage.