1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Phone Reboots

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Balthazar, Feb 26, 2010.

1. Balthazar

Balthazar New Member

I am rooted and have experienced the same problem with both Droidmod 1.0 and AdamZ's Smoked glass 4.5. My phone reboots every time I plug it into the USB cord on my computer, AND every time I try to do a screen shot using Drocap2. I am also running sweeterhome2 as a home replacement, but I can recreate the same reboot with sweeterhome2 disabled. Has anyone else experienced this or have any suggestions?
  2. FlipBack

FlipBack New Member

Are you overclocked?
  3. Balthazar

Balthazar New Member

Yep. 800 with Droidmod and 900 with AdamZ. Charging profile is 600/250 and was 550/250 with AdamZ.
  4. dadevers

dadevers New Member

I had to do a reset on the phone and reinstall bb v1.1. It works good now.
  5. Balthazar

Balthazar New Member

I did a wipe before I installed both ROMs, but I didn't do a cache wipe.Could that be my problem?
  6. 52brandon

52brandon New Member

could be. I'd say it's worth trying...
  7. Balthazar

Balthazar New Member

Update: I did a system/data wipe and a cache wipe, flashed a new ROM (BB, I figured what the hey, I'll try a new ROM while I'm at it) and restored just my apps using Titanium Backup. I am not sure my problem wasn't that I was using Titanium backup to restore all apps and system data, but in any case I have it working now!
  8. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

Nice job. Glad you figured it out. I was wondering how this one was going to turn out.
  9. thatguychuck

thatguychuck New Member

I had the usb issue, it would reboot every time I enabled debugging. I tracked it down to a bad user setting, at one point I had pushed a notification sound to the phone memory and set it as default. After loading the new rom, it was gone, but I never reset the default. So whenever the sound was scheduled to play (like entering debug mode,) I would get a reboot. Not sure if this was your case or not. I fixed it by changing my sound settings around.
  10. Balthazar

Balthazar New Member

That may be the case, in fact it seems more likely than my idea about Titanium Backup. First, I haven't seen anyone else report the reboot problem with Titanium Backup, and second now that I think about it I never got the "Droid" sound for notifications. I did notice that all of my ringtones seem to reset every time I flash a new ROM, they don't get reset to "default" when you open up the tone picker they are just blank. Since every notification I use has a different ringtone, I never did go in and set the default notification ringtone. That explains my problem with both USB connection and Drocap2, which are the only two things that use the default notification ringtone.

Good job Chuck! :icon_ banana: Now if only I hadn't spent all morning reflashing my phone. :icon_evil: Oh well, good practice right?
Search tags for this page
android restarts after debug mode
android system recovery

debug android reboot