1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Phone Reboots When I Mount

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by CoyG, Feb 15, 2010.

1. CoyG

CoyG New Member

Hey everyone I got a quick question. I'm having a little problem with mounting my phone and was wondering if anyone has encountered this problem or knows what to do. So.. I plug my phone to my computer and when I mount it the phone automatically reboots. Does anyone have any thoughts to why that is? I'd like to get the problem fixed, but I'd also like to know why its doing so I could avoid the problem in the future.
  2. thatguychuck

thatguychuck New Member

What mount command are you using?
  3. CoyG

CoyG New Member

Just a quick background. I was running Smoked Glass then switched over to Bugless Beast. I didn't experience this problem until I started using Topsy's matrix boot animation (which I freakin love btw).

@thatguychuck - I'm not using any commands. I'm just clicking mount from the notification bar, which is what I've been doing since day one. I've never needed to use any specific commands in the past.
  4. thatguychuck

thatguychuck New Member

Whoops. That's my fault. I've been learning about mtd block mounting and navigating in shell all evening, I think I need to unplug for a bit. Have you gone back to the stock boot animation to confirm it's causing the problem?
  5. CoyG

CoyG New Member

I haven't. I was hoping somebody would be able to help me out before I did anything so I could avoid doing any unnecessary changes.

I'm just going to restore from my backup before I installed the custom rom. We'll see how that goes.
  6. CoyG

CoyG New Member

Ok, well the restore didn't work. Any ideas would be great.
  7. CoyG

CoyG New Member

Sorry for the double and triple posts lol.. I figured out what the problem was. Well, actually I didn't, but I found a solution. I was trying to mount to my roommates laptop, which is running Windows 7. I just tried mounting to my iMac and it mounted successfully. I mounted to the laptop before, so I'm not real sure why it isn't working now. Oh well..
  8. KZIWarrior

KZIWarrior Active Member

Did you restore a previous backup (i.e. one from before this problem started)? I'm running the same boot animation and BB .7.5 and haven't seen this. I'll keep an eye out for any similar threads.

Worse case try restoring your first (i.e. original) backup file and see if it corrects. If it does then put BB on top of that (which should be the stock 2.0.1 ROM). Let us know.
  9. CoyG

CoyG New Member

Yeah I created a backup from when I first used Smoked Glass and then I switched over to BB and I didn't put the custom boot til a few days ago. When I ran the restore it didn't help anything, but I was able to get my phone to mount to my Mac, so I think the problem has something to do with the laptop.
  10. KZIWarrior

KZIWarrior Active Member

You didn't create a backup of the stock ROM? The problem is likely from putting BB over Smoked. What method did you use (nandroid or update method)? I would d/l the files again and do a clean install (i.e. wipe EVERYTHING then install) and see if the issue resolves with the laptop.
  11. JonKyu

JonKyu Beta Team

I definitely recommend wiping and factory restoring before migrating to a another ROM as you never know about potential conflicts, It's a PIA but in the long run it will save some time. Not to mention if it does fail you're going to have to Wipe/Factory restore anyway so why not just skip the hassle lol! Good luck!