Phone rebooted while talking with 911 operator.

Status
Not open for further replies.

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I take it people don't read much about their phone.

Look...another bash thread for tc3 and crew to start trash talking on the bolt.

ridin the lightning

Read about their phone how?

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

Google.com search. Forums. Following the specific arrangements of letters of the alphabet from left to right and top to bottom. Is there another way I'm not aware of?

ridin the lightning

OP
Y

y0manda

Reaction score
Phone has been rebooting constantly the past few days. This morning i called 911 when i noticed my truck and work trailer was missing and the phone power cycled. It did it again when I was on the phone with my insurance company, and also while I was talking with tier 2 tech support. I used my wife's phone after work to talk to Verizon about the issues and they were willing to ship a refurbished phone. I denied the refurbished phone but after thinking about it and the jerk who took my call, I'm going to take the refurbished pos and will call them every Monday with a new complaint.

Just curious... why would you call 911 to report something being stolen? Was your child in the car or something... 911 is for emergencies

Because it's easier to dial 911 and tell them it's not an emergency but I would like to report that my truck has been stolen, then they transfer your call. How do you do it? Search the phone book or Internet for the police department's phone number? :clap:

Palazuelosva

Reaction score
Just curious... why would you call 911 to report something being stolen? Was your child in the car or something... 911 is for emergencies

Because it's easier to dial 911 and tell them it's not an emergency but I would like to report that my truck has been stolen, then they transfer your call. How do you do it? Search the phone book or Internet for the police department's phone number? :clap:

You should already have your local law enforcement agency number on file 911 is ONLY and ONLY for life threatening emergencies, you could have taken the call away from some one who is dying or is in danger. Next time call your local police department. Getting your property stolen isn't an emergency.

Now about your phone I had the exact problem so I just rooted and installed thunder rom now its three times faster better battery life and better everything I would not go for a referb that is worth 1/3 the price of your new one.

Last edited:

JRParsons

Reaction score
I complained about the reboots, had a refurbished phone sent to me. Spent a couple of hours setting it up. Then noticed a dead pixel in the screen. In 4 years I've had 3 refurbs sent to me and 2nd of them have been POS. I'm dealing with the reboots until the next update, but thinking of installing the leaked version. Anybody heard of any problems with it. All i've seen is good stuff around the forums.

Regarding 911, I called the police to report my truck having been broken into. They told me to call 911, I thought it was strange since I didn't consider it to be an emergency, but that's what the Boston police operator/dispatcher told me to do. So I don't think it's strange that you would call 911 for a stolen car.

ziggy484

Reaction score

Sounds reasonable to me. Auto theft is a serious crime, and I think someone who's just noticed that his vehicle has been stolen would consider it an emergency. Besides, wouldn't getting the word out to law enforcement as quickly as possible increase the likelihood that it'll be recovered?

911 Is for emeygencies, like life or death. Is this new to you guys?

rockin sense 3.0 GB

icefire1020

Reaction score
I've had no reboots since I updated to MR2. I rebooted my phone myself yesterday for the first time in a week and am half since the update.

zwegan

Reaction score
I don't get all the complaints about him calling 911 for a stolen vehicle.

I don't know about your areas but in my area if you look up the number for the local police or the state police the listed number is 911.

You have to really search for the actual numbers and when you do call the stations, guess what, they tell you to call 911 unless it's just a paperwork type question (where to get fingerprints, if someone is at that location, etc etc)

I live in a more rural area, and 911 is pretty much who does their dispatching and routes you to the correct department.

Regardless, waking up and seeing that your truck has been stolen is a legitimate reason to call 911.

OP
Y

y0manda

Reaction score

You should already have your local law enforcement agency number on file 911 is ONLY and ONLY for life threatening emergencies, you could have taken the call away from some one who is dying or is in danger. Next time call your local police department. Getting your property stolen isn't an emergency.

Now about your phone I had the exact problem so I just rooted and installed thunder rom now its three times faster better battery life and better everything I would not go for a referb that is worth 1/3 the price of your new one.

So if a house is going up in flames, and everyone is safe, I shouldn't dial 911? If my house has been robbed in the middle of the night and the intruders were startled by my presence and ran away, I shouldn't dial 911? If you are watching somebody break into your car but there are no life threatening hazards you should already know the police departments phone number for the city you just so happen to be shopping at?

Last edited:

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
OP, I hate to drag you back on topic. After all I don't think you posted to discuss at one times you should or shouldn't call 911.

Have you tried a Factory Data Reset? And are you running any task killers or virus protection? If so remove them then try the reset.

CD95YJ

Reaction score
Sounds reasonable to me. Auto theft is a serious crime, and I think someone who's just noticed that his vehicle has been stolen would consider it an emergency. Besides, wouldn't getting the word out to law enforcement as quickly as possible increase the likelihood that it'll be recovered?

rockin sense 3.0 GB

A stolen car is ok to report using 911, heck people call 911 because they can't control a child's temper tantrum. Ans yes I would know, I'm a deputy sheriff...

Now onto the TB reboot, I would always try to fix the issue on a new stock phone rather than a referb, but that because I've never had good luck with referbs of anything electronic.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

X_TAC23

Super Moderator
Reaction score
A friend of mine was having these problems. I rooted and upgraded the radio and all is good. Others on the thunderbolt forum have said the same. But I would also wipe while you are at it.

ziggy484

Reaction score

rockin sense 3.0 GB

A stolen car is ok to report using 911, heck people call 911 because they can't control a child's temper tantrum. Ans yes I would know, I'm a deputy sheriff...

Now onto the TB reboot, I would always try to fix the issue on a new stock phone rather than a referb, but that because I've never had good luck with referbs of anything electronic.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Sorry sheriff but your wrong, 911 is for emergencies, stolen car is not an emergency

rockin sense 3.0 GB

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
OP try the MR update or do a warranty swap. Closing this thread ...............

Status
Not open for further replies.