Phone randomly bricked after restore?

jsnweitzel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Some have reported that they were able to use BP tools option to charge, but I don't know if that really works. Your only other choices are to make or buy what is known as a factory cable or hack up a usb and charge directly to the battery. Obviously making or hacking up a usb is risky and you could fry your device.

myfishbear

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Would you think a verizon store might have one?
look at this bro
Enable Charging in AP Fastboot Mode for RAZR Without Factory Cables – xda-developers
Hey guys, I recently found an alternative way to fix the low battery problem when your in AP Fastboot and able to get it to charge without the soldering of usb cable or the factory cable. So for those who do not want to open up their razrs or pay 40 bucks for a cable use my method.
-Make sure you have the charging cable connected to the phone and the cable to an outlet not an computer.
-While in the ap fastboot screen with the low battery problem, just push & hold Vol - and Vol+ and power buttons at the same time for 10 seconds
-Then IMMEDIATELY press and hold Vol - and Vol+ for 10 seconds to get back to the boot menu.
-Then once in the boot menu go down the the one option that has the word tools on it which is the last one.
-If it does not do anything just press volume up or down and go back to the tools and click power (enter) again.
-Then you should be boot to the M logo.
-Then after a bit you will be presented to an battery icon charging your phone!

Last edited:

jsnweitzel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
The guys at verizon probably wouldn't know what you were talking about. I had a issue with my D4 when I first got it and went to a verizon store. First thing they did was turn it over to try a battery pull, I just left.

OP
RideZeLitenin

RideZeLitenin

Reaction score
The BP Tools method did not work for me.

This is what I did:
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...4-ics-build-droid-4-xt894-28.html#post2166647

I don't really recommend doing it, especially if you can get one of those programmer/factory cables, but it worked for me.

Yup, tried the BP tools method with no avail, and decided to go ahead and order a Motorola factory cable through ebay for 20 bucks. Should be here Thursday.:happy3:

In the meantime I busted out my ol' LG Ally and got it activated at VZW. Whew. Always thought I'd need that little champ again.
And to think all of this came to be just because I did a lil' backup restore... well sh*t happens:p

OP
RideZeLitenin

RideZeLitenin

Reaction score
Well lookie here... my factory cable arrived todaydancedroid.
Just plugged 'er in, states battery OK even though it should be dead (as it should... good deal!)
We'll see how the recovery process goes

jsnweitzel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
You should know or will find out quick that the cable powers the phone directly and doesn't charge the battery. So after you restore your system power down and use the cable that came with it. If you just unplug the phone will shutdown and it doesn't matter if the battery is charged. And adb will not work, fastboot should be fine.

OP
RideZeLitenin

RideZeLitenin

Reaction score
Crisis averted. Thanks to all, especially you jsnweitzel and your fantastic D4 Tool. :biggrin: