Phone quit working

Discussion in 'Koush' started by mjh68, Apr 17, 2010.

1. mjh68

mjh68 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I know I posted this in the 5.0.6.1 thread, but I am sure its not related to the rom so going to ask again . I had a working phone with 5.0.6.1 , downloaded hexfusion last night and wife said she tried calling me . I didn't get a message about a missed call or her message so tried to place a call , but didn't get connected.
    I tried to reinstall a backup , but the same problem I get the phone dialed , it even shows the number I am calling just doesn't dial out. I can view the internet and get email just no message or phone calls.

I have tried to reflash CM , battery pull, left phone off for 10 minutes without battery , but nothing seems to work. One thing I noticed , I have 4 bars and 3g showing ,but as soon as I dial a number the bars and 3g go away .. then I get a message lost data connectivity because.. in the notification bar .
    Do you think I have messed up the phone.apk and if I could get a link to just the phone.apk would that help ? Otherwise, anyone else have a suggestion ?

Thank you

Mike

2. dmacleo

dmacleo Premium Member Rescue Squad Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    you dial *228 to activate the phone services? I had similar issue when changing kernel few days ago.

3. mjh68

mjh68 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yes, I forgot to include that in the steps I have tried. When dial *22899 it never dials out then after it times out I get the unsuccessful programming message. I am on a different rom right now , but I have tried a few different kernels and still the same issue.
    Frustrating , because I can't figure out why reinstalling backups won't solve it ?
    I even tried to flash back to SPR recovery and try some other nandroid backups , but the same issue.

4. dmacleo

dmacleo Premium Member Rescue Squad Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    sorry, I don't know then :(

5. mjh68

mjh68 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Phone back working , no idea.. all i did was leave it off with battery out for about 30 minutes turned it back on and suddenly I got all my texts from last night and was able to do *228 . Reflashing CM and restoring 5.0.6.1 .

6. GrandMasterB

GrandMasterB Member

Ratings:
    +3
    Yep, same as what happened to me, I would get 1 bar and 3G showing but as soon as I try to call it would vanish. I kept trying to reprogram and it kept failing.... Then all the sudden after about 4 hours BAM full bars and 3G and texts and emails start pooring in :D

7. cesareborgia

cesareborgia Member

Ratings:
    +0
    This can happen if you updated your baseband, or if your current version is not compatible with your current ROM.

I would wipe everything and re-install the ROM, if that doesn't fix your problem then you might try burning the baseband update in the ROM manager menu. You will have to dial the *228 after you update so your phone can be "programed" again.

Search tags for this page

cellphone quits as soon as it dials

her phone quits working all the time and i cant call her

verizon cell voice quit working
verizon cell what to do if your phone quits working
verizon phone quit working
what i update my droid phone and it quits working?
what would make a droid phone quit working
why would droid phone quit working?