Phone proximity sensor bug, makes phone go mute or hang up

dr0idg0d23

Reaction score
My only question is more for me than to help you but, I was wondering what you like about sapphire that isn't on ss

Sent from my droid using Tapatalk

captdroid

Reaction score
My only question is more for me than to help you but, I was wondering what you like about sapphire that isn't on ss

Sent from my droid using Tapatalk

I like CVPCS development approach and feature set in general. :)

I actually don't have issue with proximity sensor while in a call. My g/f does and she uses Screen Suite and is ok with that for now.

Last edited:

skurtz1313

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Here is an easy solution till a formal fix is made. Use scriptybox and switch the phone app to cytowns overhaul. I used to have this problem all the time........big time shoulder talker here.

Oh make sure you use the terminal editor in devtools and not one from the market, or the switch wont take! At least it wouldn't switch the apk for me.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

The Physician

Reaction score
Here is an easy solution till a formal fix is made. Use scriptybox and switch the phone app to cytowns overhaul. I used to have this problem all the time........big time shoulder talker here.

Oh make sure you use the terminal editor in devtools and not one from the market, or the switch wont take! At least it wouldn't switch the apk for me.

Could you link to somewhere about this, or just say what exactly should be typed into the terminal?

YankInDaSouth

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com

sniffle

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.ccroms.net
cytown's Phone_froyo at master - GitHub

The main features are:
  • add notification differ than talking when dialing.
  • vibrate on outgoing call on answered.
  • vibrate on 45 sec when outgoing talking, i.e. 45", 1'45", 2'45"... (also have attached without this function.)
  • 2 short vibrate on off hook.
  • more awake time for screen on while talking.(Method from derfolo)
  • notify with led blink when missing call
  • vibrate on call waiting
  • force return to call log screen after a call out end
  • settings for on/off of all above
  • show avatar when outgoing call not answered
  • ringer performance improved with method from itp@xda.
  • show organization in call screen, request by pascanu@xda
  • larger avatar
  • black list!
  • layout from eclair
  • force use touch ui keyboard
  • turn over to silence incoming phone
  • support left hand user
  • support wire control to hangup
  • show nickname in call screen

Todo list:
  • add whitelist function:
    1. Block all
    2. Block all non-phonebook calls
    3. Block all but those on a specific list
  • add block method:
    1. block them and not notify you
    2. block with notify you
    3. transter block to vm

v30.1 @ 0708:
support Froyo

v30.1 @ 0622:
add support wire control to hangup
add show nickname in call screen
merge from newest aosp
update some language support

v29 @ 0513:
fix bugs.
add support for left hand users

v28.1 @ 0507:
fix bugs.

v28 @ 0428:
add eclair drd79 version for people who use an older version eclair.

v28 @ 0427:
add feature for turn over to silence incoming phone.
fix bug for black list compare.
support Eclair 2.1r2 & Donut 1.6 ONLY.

v27 @ 0319:
add feature for add to black in touch ui.
new icon in menu for add to black.
support Eclair 2.1r2ONLY.

v26.1 @ 0212:
fix bug for force touch setting change need reboot.
support Eclair 2.1 ONLY.

v26 @ 0212:
merge from aosp 2.1r2
add force use touch ui feature
support Eclair 2.1 ONLY.

v25 @ 0125:
fix AttentionLight none stop flashing
support Eclair 2.1 ONLY.

v24.2 @ 0125:
fix AttentionLight none stop flashing
support Eclair ONLY.

v24.1 @ 0119:
fix FC when push menu button
support Eclair ONLY.

v24 @ 0111:
support Eclair ONLY.

v23 @ 1225:
fix bug for Hitting back on incoming call breaks notification bar
v22 @ 1208:
fix block hidden call-in number(just add "0000" as the hidden number)
fix vibrate on 45' not work when screen off
New layout from Eclair.
v21 @ 1113:
fix bug for leaked IntentReceiver
New icon from Eclair.
add option for force return to call log screen after a call out end. req by ravens0ng@xda
v20.1 @ 1102:
fix bug for landscape.
fix bug for add to black list from contacts.
v20 @ 1102:
seperate the organization from name.
add black list function!
v11.1 @ 1029:
fix bug for not vibrate in sometimes.
v11 @ 1028:
add vibrate on call waiting function and a switch for that.
add larger avatar
fix bug for show avatar when outgoing call not answered
improve performance for vibrate notification
v10 @ 1020:
add show organization in call screen, request by pascanu@xda.
v9 @ 0925:
support rom 1.6(donut).
v8.2 @ 0828:
ringer performance improved with method from itp@xda.
add Triditional Chinese support.
v8 @ 0824:
add settings for disable led blink when missing call
vibrate on 45' default is diabled
add version show up
v7 @ 0805:
modify with show avatar when outgoing call not answered.
v6 @ 0729:
add notify with led blink when missing call.
v5 @ 0728:
add more awake time for screen on while talking.(Method from derfolo)
remove incoming call 45 sec vibrate
add the settings for on/off of all.
v4 @ 0723:
fix a bug that won't vibrate on 45 sec for incoming call.

captdroid

Reaction score

Thanks! After un-checking the 'In-call touch UI' option in call settings after switching over to Cytown overhaul phone app the buttons are gone from the screen until you press the menu button in a call. :)

As a side note the Wycontacts 1.2 'contacts.apk' is also a nice addition! Pulled the Wycontacts from another ROM featuring this by default and pushed it to Sapphire /system/app folder after making backup of existing 'contacts.apk' file then set permissions same as the original 'contacts.apk'.

The Cytown Phone and Wycontacts are excellent replacements for phone and contacts :icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana:

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score

Thanks! After un-checking the 'In-call touch UI' option in call settings after switching over to Cytown overhaul phone app the buttons are gone from the screen until you press the menu button in a call. :)

As a side note the Wycontacts 1.2 'contacts.apk' is also a nice addition! Pulled the Wycontacts from another ROM featuring this by default and pushed it to Sapphire /system/app folder after making backup of existing 'contacts.apk' file then set permissions same as the original 'contacts.apk'.

The Cytown Phone and Wycontacts are excellent replacements for phone and contacts :icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana:

I just did similar, great suggestion. Perhaps I'll file an enhancement request to get this on Sapphire, hopefully cvpcs doesn't mind have such an extensive switchapk. :)

edit: someone already has, so hopefully this can make it into a future release. :)

Last edited:

captdroid

Reaction score

I just did similar, great suggestion. Perhaps I'll file an enhancement request to get this on Sapphire, hopefully cvpcs doesn't mind have such an extensive switchapk. :)

edit: someone already has, so hopefully this can make it into a future release. :)

Thanks I hope CVPCS adds to switchapk Wycontacts :)

Just so folks know when using both Cytown and Wycontacts the configuration for Cytown is under the phone 'settings' menu (press menu button at launcher and click settings) then 'call settings' and the configuration for Wycontacts is under 'preferences' when pressing the menu button in the phone program.

Last edited: