Phone Over heating while charging

Krish

Reaction score
I've never had this problem before with my droid. Its been working great since I've gotten it ( Which is when it came out). Passed 3 days its been acting up where when i connect it to the PC/laptop thru USB, the phone starts to over heat like crazy and shuts off. I haven't changed any roms or anything and it just started up. I was on the first leaked version of Froyo 2.2 and it was started to get laggy for no reason. Constantly freezing and heating up. Now im on BB 0.3v and its doing the same with the over heating. I've even tried the new official leaked version and gives the same problem. Could something be wrong with the phone? Its OCed to 1ghz. Even when lowered to 500mhz it does it.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've never had this problem before with my droid. Its been working great since I've gotten it ( Which is when it came out). Passed 3 days its been acting up where when i connect it to the PC/laptop thru USB, the phone starts to over heat like crazy and shuts off. I haven't changed any roms or anything and it just started up. I was on the first leaked version of Froyo 2.2 and it was started to get laggy for no reason. Constantly freezing and heating up. Now im on BB 0.3v and its doing the same with the over heating. I've even tried the new official leaked version and gives the same problem. Could something be wrong with the phone? Its OCed to 1ghz. Even when lowered to 500mhz it does it.

What do you mean by overheating? Do you have a fail safe in SetCPU for overheating or do you even use SetCPU?

I've had mine heat up to 118 degrees (battery) and it's been fine.

OP
K

Krish

Reaction score
I have setcpu. I haven't checked any fail safe settings but what happens is i put my phone to charge through usb with either computer or Power outlet. I leave it alone for about few hours and come back to find it shut off and extremely hot in the back above the battery area. Also where the cord plugs in is hot.