1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Phone only

Discussion in 'Android Applications' started by jwimsett, Oct 28, 2010.

1. jwimsett

jwimsett New Member

On my old Blackberry Curve there was a setting that silenced everything but incoming calls and the alarm. Is there an App that will do this for the X? I don't want to be bothered by email and text messages through the night, but if I get a call in the middle of the night, it's probably important and should be answered.

Any suggestions?
  2. Diordna

Diordna New Member

Setting > sound > volume

That has options that should help you out.
  3. jwimsett

jwimsett New Member

I was hoping to avoid going into and changing the settings every night and morning.
  4. takeshi

takeshi New Member

Search around for profiles apps. There are those where you have to manually select profiles and those that will allow you to schedule profiles. Quite a bit of existing discussion that you can refer to for specific app recommendations.
  5. fonefreak

fonefreak New Member

I got one at the app store called Volumer+ + free. It has more options than my BB Storm had.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App
  6. musicman

musicman New Member

Bedside works really well.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App
  7. seant09

seant09 New Member

I use Timeriffic (free app in Market). I, also, was a blackberry user and missed the profiles that the BB had. This app is the closest thing I've found to the BB profiles. Basically, I have it set so at 11PM everything goes silent except my phone and alarm clock and at 6AM everything turns back on without me touching anything. This is of course after you do the initial setup.