1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

phone on vibrate, but not vibrating

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by ksaul, Feb 19, 2010.

1. ksaul

ksaul New Member

As topic describes. Phone vibrates for callsm but not emails or txts, what gives?
  2. Mayhew

Mayhew New Member

Had the same problem after installing "Sound Manager". It worked great for silencing the phone at night so I could sleep. But, much to my chagrin, it altered some settings on my Droid so it would no longer vibrate. Did a factory reset and still had the issue. I was just about to return the device, when I found an app called "Smart Vibrator". Fixed the problem. Give it a try,
  3. rusray

rusray New Member

Mayhew: Ugh. Did you uninstall Sound Manager and it still had the vibrate problem? I hate having to add a program to solve a problem with a different program. Also, doesn't pressing the down key down several times mute the phone, or were you going for some other effect with Sound Manager?

Ksaul: Did you check your notification settings in your email/sms applications? Sometimes vibrate isn't checked natively!
  4. Mayhew

Mayhew New Member

I uninstalled Sound Manager before the factory reset. The Smart Vibrate app made the Droid vibrate again. I uninstalled it as well, once I was back in business.

All this open source software is great, but I will use EXTREME caution installing any app that tampers with the Droids internals.
  5. nerdbox08

nerdbox08 New Member

This is a KNOWN ISSUE

There is a master vibrate setting that we can't access that some apps can. They will change your master settings leaving you screwed.

I've heard Locale has done it, I've had Shop Savvy do it. Some others have too.

Anyways, you can use some of these other sound apps to reinstate the master vibrate function. So while it sucks for us to lose the ability, we do have the ability to bring it back with an app. Like I said, known issue with no current manufacturer fix.

I hope this gets fixed in a future update so either A) It opens that master setting up to us or B) Apps can't change it permanently forcing us to use another app to reinstate it.
Search tags for this page

android device uninstalled vybe now phone won't vibrate