1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Phone numbers doubled

Discussion in 'Droid Bionic Tech Support' started by Troops2990, Sep 21, 2011.

1. Troops2990

Troops2990 New Member

When i look at my contacts list, if i click on the little box to the left of the person's name and then select either the green phone button or my text message button, all the numbers for that person will be doubled. 1 with dashes, 1 without... When i push on their name to view the contact info, it only shows 1 number for the person... Any ideas on how to fix this??? Thanks
  2. DogPaw

DogPaw New Member

Pull up one of the contacts with a double number and select to edit contact. Scroll down in edit to see if another account has been added. Mine added the numbers for my Facebook friends so many of my most used contacts had double numbers.
  3. Atr631

Atr631 New Member

Contacts doubled and then some.

I am having the same problem.

I see "Google contact" and "Motorola Services contact". The Moto contact has multiple copies inside the contact as well. How do I fix this?
    Thanks in advance
  4. 480Ruger

480Ruger New Member

Same here!
  5. BuckyN8

BuckyN8 New Member

Same problem. Going to subscribe to see if we can find a fix. Thanks OP for asking this!
  6. SergeantDroid

SergeantDroid New Member

Try this, in the Contacts app, click on Menu, then press Display Options. Choose which contacts to display. For instance, I only want my Google account contacts displayed on my phone. Hope this helps.
  7. countryboy88

countryboy88 New Member

Had that problem. Chose only to show contacts from my actual phone. So hide facebook and google.
    The numbers I do have most will automatically link to their Fb profile pic though

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums
  8. SSHGuru

SSHGuru New Member

Same problem here....

9. vachick

vachick New Member

I had the same issue. Double numbers for multiple contacts. Joining didn't work, only selecting one email to sync contacts with didn't work. What did work was backing up all of my data and doing a factory reset. I did not immediately set up google email or any other account when setting the phone back up. After the very basic set up, I activated my main gmail and facebook. No doubles. Then the other email accounts were activated, only syncing the email, not contacts. Also, I do not have the backup assistant syncing. No doubles!

Good luck! It was a pain, but it worked.

10. C3P0

C3P0 New Member

My issue is that some of my contacts that I need are the motorola services contact type, but they wont sync with gmail. Any idea how to convert the type of contact it is? I just finished dealing with the issue of having 80,000 contacts and merging them (the motorola services contacts I believe are from backup assistant. when verizon put them on my phone, each contact had about 50 motorola services duplicates...I believe from every single auto-backup of my last phone (blackberry in between D1 and Bionic).
  11. vachick

vachick New Member

I added my facebook account (still no doubles) and then added facebook from the market (DOUBLES!). I had to uninstall the market version and remove my facebook account from the phone, then add the fb account back without the market version. No doubles. I will have to go through the browser to get to fb now, but no more double contacts. (Hope that made sense)

Search tags for this page
android contact list double numbers in contacts
android contacts showing double phones
android contacts showing up with and without hyphens
android double contact
android my contacts have duplicate numbers

android phone numbers doubled

driod phone double numbers
driod phone double numbers when typing
moto x phone contacts double

motorola droid bionic double numbers