OP
Sajo

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I still recommend a phone exchange...
She has had it way longer than 14 days. I'm not sure Verizon would exchange it, especially since it worked fine before Lollipop? If she lets me "test" her phone again maybe I will just do the FDR and give it back & say "here you go, problem solved".

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
You're right, this is likely a Lollipop update issue. The thing is, if they did try to return the device, both Google & the carrier will have you do a FDR before they do anything, so I would advise suggesting a FDR. Lollipop caused a number of issues like this across a number of different devices. Unless toggling airplane mode doesn't bother them, an FDR would be their best bet.

S5 tap'n

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
That could explain why I didn't see the issue on my Note 4 after upgrading to Lollipop. I did an FDR after installing the update without even trying to use the phone first. I just figured, given the luck I've had with some of these major updates, I might as well play it on the safe side.

Have you tried resetting the phone's cache and that? Not as intense as an FDR, but sometimes that fixes issues. (I know you know that, just tossing it out there for others. Can't remember if anyone had said they'd tried that yet.)