Phone not sending or receiving data over 4G...

MVsoccerDad

Reaction score
I got my RAZR Saturday and it worked fine for the first 4 days, but ever since yesterday I have not been able to get twitter updates, email, or anything without a wi-fi connection. I'm not getting anything over 4G....

Anyone have any ideas of what might be wrong? I'm hoping it is just a setting that I've accidentally turned off...

Trash Can

Reaction score
Did you setup any Smart Actions? If so, did you disable cell data in any of those?

Another thing to check: settings>data manager>'data enabled' should be checked, as well as 'background data' if you desire

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Verizon may be having some LTE issues. Go into:

Settings > Wireless & Networks > Mobile Networks> Network Mode and pick CDMA Only. This will put you on EVDO. See if that works.

Trash Can

Reaction score
Also check data saver: settings>data management>data saver should be unchecked (unless your preference is otherwise)

OP
M

MVsoccerDad

Reaction score
Verizon may be having some LTE issues. Go into:

Settings > Wireless & Networs > Mobile Networks> Network Mode and pick CDMA Only. This will put you on EVDO. See if that works.

This must be the problem. I changed the mobile network setting to CDMA and 3G is working just fine. I'm posting this reply over it right now. How often are there problems with the 4G network? Is there a place I can look to confirm with Verizon?

Trash Can

Reaction score
This must be the problem. I changed the mobile network setting to CDMA and 3G is working just fine. I'm posting this reply over it right now. How often are there problems with the 4G network? Is there a place I can look to confirm with Verizon?

The 4G outages occur more than we wish, although I haven't heard of one lasting more than a day like you mentioned. Sometimes 3G will be down as well, but not always. Major 4G outages usually get reported somewhere on this site, most likely in the news section -- Droid News . It could also be a local issue, or you may be in a fringe 4G area. You could call Verizon to see if they know anything, or at the very least report your problem. Another thing you could do is go to a local VZW store and compare your phone's 4G performance with the demos on display.

OP
M

MVsoccerDad

Reaction score
The 4G outages occur more than we wish, although I haven't heard of one lasting more than a day like you mentioned. Sometimes 3G will be down as well, but not always. Major 4G outages usually get reported somewhere on this site, most likely in the news section -- Droid News . It could also be a local issue, or you may be in a fringe 4G area. You could call Verizon to see if they know anything, or at the very least report your problem. Another thing you could do is go to a local VZW store and compare your phone's 4G performance with the demos on display.

Good suggestions! Thanks!

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Data Enabler Widget is helpful for toggling data to get it working during these outage periods. I've found that toggling can get it to work. I was told by a Verizon tech that during these outages some will get service but it's hit or miss.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk