Phone not ringing

hoopoe87

Reaction score
Hi all,

Starting about a month ago, every once in a while my phone will not ring when someone calls. The phone will be on full volume, but when someone calls, there is no noise and I don't know about it until I see the missed call icon in the notification bar. The call has come through and I can see my contacts photo and the "answer" and "ignore" options, but it's completely mute. This happens with anyone that calls during this period, it isn't limited to certain contacts.

The only way I have found to resolve the problem is to restart the phone. I haven't rooted the phone or done anything else of the sort and really want this problem to get fixed. The only related thing I can think of is that I've used MP3 Ringtone Maker to make ringtones for many of my contacts.

Thanks in advance for the help.

ELH

Reaction score
Just a thought,

I would run through the ringtone list and play every one of your custom tones in order. If you're lucky it will quit playing somewhere along the way, if so then the last ringtone that played may be corrupt.

OP
H

hoopoe87

Reaction score
Thanks ELH. I just went through and tried that. Sadly, it didn't stop anywhere along the way.

amg3467

Reaction score
Thanks ELH. I just went through and tried that. Sadly, it didn't stop anywhere along the way.

i had the same problem about 2 weeks ago, i almost lost my job.

I brought it to Verizon for this and lagging that the phone has been doing since the last software update. He told me to back everything up and restore back to factory defaults. This solved the ringing issue so there you go

as far as the lagging i was told by someone who works for verizon to get rid of advanced task killer as it serves no purpose but to slow down your phone and get go launcher. My X2 is brand new now.

OP
H

hoopoe87

Reaction score
Thanks amg. How did you go about backing everything up? I use the google suite, so luckily I don't have to worry about my contacts. Will the apps I downloaded be re-downloadable from the Android store?

Thanks again. I'll try the factory reset tonight most likely.

amg3467

Reaction score
I redownloaded most apps and put everything else on my sd card

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

Darkgecko

Reaction score
I did a factory reset and it solved this problem for me. For a while. Now it's doing it again. I can have someone sitting right next to me and call me numerous times. Sometimes it rings, sometimes it doesn't. :mad: